The University of Rwanda, College of Medicine and Health Science, School of Medicine and Pharmacy has the pleasure to inform students in year 6 of General Medicine (Doc IV) during academic year 2017-2018 ; that there is an opportunity of student exchange program for three students through GEMX (global partnership for educational exchange in medicine and the health professions) in the following Universities :
- 1.University of Witwatersrand Faculty of Health Sciences (South Africa) : Department of Medicine ( Internal Medicine) and Department of Surgery ( Trauma).
- 2.Makerere University College of Health Sciences ( Uganda) : Family Medicine
- 3.University of Malawi College of Medicine ( Malawi). Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics and Gynecology and Obstetrics.
Criteria for Students’ Selection
- 1.Medical students who have finished their clinical placement in DOC IV and are eligible to apply.
- 2.Students who show great interest in undertaking an elective through an official application form and endorsed by their departments.
- 3.Students with outstanding qualities to illustrate medical professionalism in their motivation letters add and clinical placement.
- 4.Students who apply will go through an interview process to be selected as GEMx participants.
- 5.The candidate agrees to provide GEMx must chapter with a publishable placement report on regional exchanges and its impact on the faculty, the network and the community.
List of required documents:
- 1.Letter of Motivation addressed to the Dean of School of Medicine and Pharmacy.
- 2.Curriculum vitae
- 3.Complete GEMX Application form (Appendix 1).
Completed applications and motivation letters should be addressed to the Dean of School of Medicine and Pharmacy, Office of Dean, Remera Campus, Kigali not later than the 17th August 2018.
Only selected candidates will be notified for an interview.
More information about exchange program can be obtained at the website : http://www.gemxelectives.org.