EXTERNAL ANNOUNCEMENT: 18/HCR/KGL/VN/037
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Functional Title: Verification clerk – Individual contractor
Location: Mugombwa, Kigeme and Mahama
Date of Entry on Duty: As soon as possible
Duration: Initially 9 Months
Closing Date: 21 November 2018
1. Operational Context
The Government of Rwanda through Ministry of Disaster Management and Refugee Affairs
(MIDIMAR) will conduct a joint verification exercise with UNHCR in favor of refugees and other persons of concern based in refugee camps and other urban areas in Rwanda.
2. Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of UNHCR Registration Officer, the Contractor will assume the following tasks in accordance with their principles and human values of the United Nations and with adherence to the UNHCR Code of Conduct. The services of the Contractor shall be retained to undertake to perform the following duties of Verification Clerk during verification exercise:
- Receive scheduled households, issued admission tokens and identify persons with
- Capture biometric information of refugees.
- Conduct individual interviews with refugees ushered into verifications desks and perform data update into proGres (UNHCR database for registration of refugees)
- Scan/copy any relevant new documents that refugees may have in their possession.
- Issue new documentation to refugees.
- Perform filing activities on refugee documents.
- Respect the confidential nature of the relationship between UNHCR and refugees by
complying with data confidentiality policies.
- Perform any other related duties as required
3. Essential Minimum Qualifications Required
- Completion of Secondary Education. University Degree would be a great added advantage.
- Good computer literacy with proficiency in relevant computer applications such as Microsoft Office products including Word, Power Point, Excel.
- Fluency in English and very good working knowledge of the local languages – Swahili and Kinyarwanda
4. Desirable Qualifications And Competencies
- Past data entry experience preferably working knowledge of UNHCR’s proGres (database for registration of refugees, returnees and displaced persons) will be an asset.
- Prior exposure to UNHCR’s refugee operations related to registration of refugees will be an added advantage
- Attention to detail.
- Hard working, confidentiality, motivated, good interpersonal and team spirit.
- Ability to work under stress
- Good communication and customer service skills
Submission of Applications:
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please submit your application on http://rwanda.unhcr.io by 21 November 2018.
Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. No late applications will be accepted.
UNHCR is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees). Should you be asked for a fee or a benefit at any stage of this process, please report your concern to UNHCR’s Investigation Service (email@example.com).
For more information,please download http://www.unhcr.org/rw/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2018/11/Individual-contractor-Registration-clerk.pdf