Each year Macquarie University awards scholarships to students, most of which are given on the basis of financial need or other hardship. There’s a wide range of scholarships for African students seeking a degree program at Macquarie University. The applications are now open for the 2019 Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM provides a partial tuition fee scholarship for outstanding female students from certain African countries. This scholarship is introduced to support those who share the passion to study in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
The Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM is highly competitive and will be awarded to ONE student in the year 2019. The application is now open until 30th June 2019 and the outcome will be released in July 2019.
Area of study
Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Be a female.
- Have a citizenship of a country within the Sub-Saharan Africa region*.
- Have met the University’s academic and English requirements for the course to be considered for a scholarship.
- Hold a full offer of admission or package offer with English for a coursework program that is listed as in the area of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics at Macquarie University (North Ryde Campus).
- Have a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0 for postgraduate applications and a minimum ATAR equivalent of 90 out of 100 for undergraduate applications.
- Commence the degree program in Session 1 (February) 2019 or Session 2 (July) 2019. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Have applied for a course which has a full-time study load.
- Have applied for a program that is longer than one session in duration.
- Upon receipt of the scholarship application, students will be contacted with further details on submitting a selfie video as part of the assessment process.
You are not eligible if:
- You are a citizen of Australia, New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- You are currently enrolled at Macquarie University for a program which is equivalent in level.
- You have completed the same level or a higher level of study previously.
- You are in receipt of another equivalent or major award or scholarship from Macquarie University, unless you are advised otherwise by the representative of Macquarie University.
- You are a Study Abroad or an Exchange student coming to Macquarie University.
- You have applied or are currently enrolled at Macquarie University International College.
Eligible countries include:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde,Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau,Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tomé and Príncipe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Swaziland, United Republic of Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM is a Partial Scholarship. The total value of the scholarships is 50% of the total tuition fee and will be applied towards your tuition fee when you commence your study at Macquarie University.
Please note : This scholarship does NOT provide financial support in the form of a living allowance, nor does it provide for the cost of visa application, Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), airfares, accommodation, conferences or other costs associated with study.
The Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship – African Women in STEM is a single scholarship and not available to be renewed.
Level of study
How to apply
- Applicants must complete an online course application form. Once your course application has been processed, you will receive a Macquarie University Student Number which is compulsory to submit the online scholarship application form.
- Applicants must complete an online scholarship application form and type “African Women STEM” in the Scholarship Name field.
- We will be in touch with you regarding sending your selfie video provided if you are assessed as to have met all other eligibility criteria.
Application deadline: 30th June 2019