Today, the African Agriculture industry is facing challenges such as :
- the impact and consequences of climat on local agriculture areas
- the optimisation of limited ressources, weather natural, energy and/or living beings
- the financing of local initiatives
AI in agriculture represents a collection of multiple technologies able to to help prediction and monitoring functions. Combined with existing systems and human resources, these technologies can help answer those key challenges.
What we expect
We are looking for AI based technologies, product or services that would:
- help predict and monitor climatic impacts (using data and predictive schemes…) and/or assets
- integrate with existing systems and infrastructures, including in limited connectivity areas
- integrate with existing systems and infrastructures, without needing a significant investment
- take into account the collaboration between employees and AI, especially regarding skills needed to use/assess/develop the technology
- support the financement of local initiatives
- generate a self-running growth engine for AgriTech in Africa
Many key AI applications can be considered for this challenge.
For instance – Connected Machines, IoT Monitoring, Big Data, Remote sensors, Image recognition, Soil & Assets analysis, Weather forecast, Micro-finance solution.
Application deadline: September 1,2018
- First prize: One exhibition stand for your startup at Vivatech 2019, in Paris
- Second prize: Pitching slot for your startup at Vivatech 2019, in Paris
- Third prize: Two Vivatech 2019 tickets for your team
- Startups from operating in Africa
- Innovative solution or serviceLess than 5 years of existenceEarly-stage // Seed-stage company
- Short video with 2 topics: Startup presentation / How do you solve the problem? (mpg, mpeg, mp4, mov) MAX 10 Megabyte – You can also share us a “Wetransfer” link or a Youtube video
- Deck pitch: 8 slides max (ppt, pdf) – MAX 10 Megabytes