Applications are open for the 2019 Wells Mountain Foundation scholarship program. This is a highly competitive scholarship opportunity for students in developing countries.The Scholarships support students who are earning their first certificate, diploma or
bachelor’s degree and they last throughout all years of undergraduate education.
A student, male or female, from a country in the developing world who:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has volunteered prior to applying for this scholarship and/or is willing to volunteer while receiving the WMI scholarship
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to school without a scholarship
Wells Mountain Foundation scholarship program awards 20-40 scholarships per year. Maximum scholarship is $3,000 USD per year.
The scholarship supports:
1. Tuition and fees
2. Books and materials
3. Other related costs
There are two ways to apply for Wells Mountain Foundation scholarship program: Online, or by mailing in a completed application packet to our office.
APPLYING ONLINE: You will be redirected to a portal where you will be asked to create a free account (username and password), fill out information and upload documents. We strongly suggest that you apply online as it will provide you with the opportunity to save your work and return multiple times. You will also guarantee that your application, once submitted online, will be received and reviewed.
File format types accpeted are: JPG, PNG, GIF, DOC, DOCX, PDF (version 10 or newer).
WARNING: Documents saved as a PDF file in Adobe versions 9 and older, will appear blank and your application will be considered incomplete.
MAIL-IN: You will need to print the 2019 application form (once available) and it is your responsibility to clearly complete it and attach all required supporting documents before sending it to us. Applications must be received by April 1, 2019 in our office. Applications that arrive after April 1, 2019 will not be reviewed. This means that you must allow at least three weeks to mail your application to us from abroad. Only send one completed application. Incomplete or additional mailings with supporting documents will be discarded. We highly encourage applicants to apply online to ensure the delivery of their completed application. DO NOT email us completed applications with multiple attachments; we do not accept applications sent via email.
We wish everyone luck in preparing their applications. We encourage all applicants to remember that acceptance in the WMI Scholarship Program requires a dedicated interest in community service, improving your nation, and working within your country after graduation.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTENTION SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS!
No matter what you may be told there are NO FEES required to submit a scholarship application to the Wells Mountain Initiative! You only need to submit a complete application through our website, by our one deadline each year of April 1. If someone contacts you saying a fee is required, please forward that email to email@example.com. We would very much like to prosecute this fraud.
The following are required elements for an application to be considered complete:
- Clear personal photo
- Two essays (topics are stated on application form)
- 2019 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters*
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades**
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades**
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam**
December 1, 2017 : Application Opens
April 1, 2018 : Application Closes
April-July, 2018 : Review of Applications
August 1, 2018 : Announcement of Scholarship Recipients
September 1, 2018 : First Installment of Scholarships Wired
- Applications can be completed in English or Spanish
- All documents can be supplied in other languages, with official English or Spanish
Scholarship recipients responsibilities
- Maintain good grades in all university studies
- Be an ambassador for community service and engagement
- Perform, record and document 100 hours of community service activities throughout
- Complete the Academic Semester Report & Community Service Report for WMI
- Send official semester transcripts twice a year
- Communicate openly with the Student Scholar Coordinator regarding your situation as
Please note : Applications for Wells Mountain Foundation scholarship program must be received by April 1 of each year to be considered for the following academic year. The selected WMI Scholarship recipients will be emailed on August 1. Their names will also be published on our website homepage and the WMI Facebook page. Those who do not receive a scholarship will also be notified after August.
For more information,please visit https://www.wellsmountaininitiative.org/prospective-scholars/