Applications are now open for the Westerwelle Startup Haus Kigali Entrepreneurship Program 2019. The Program aims to provide assistance to start-ups operating in Rwanda by providing access to quality infrastructure as well as tailor-made services to support their business growth.
The WSHEKP2019 program is an initiative of the Westerwelle Foundation in partnership with GIZ.
Qualified applicants shall be granted a 6-month membership subscription at WSHK under the Flex-Desk package starting from March 1, 2019.
Qualified applicants shall in addition be subject to the following, over the course of the next 6-months:
- Weekly mentoring sessions with a member of the WSHK community
- Weekly networking events
- Workshops in business management and leadership skills in person or via teleconference/video conference
The Program shall culminate in the “Finals Pitch”. Each start-up must be prepared to feature their project as well as give a presentation of their business model in front of a designated Board of Judges. Teams must also prepare for a question and answer portion following their presentation. All members of each start-up are required to attend this activity.
To find out more details about the program, please read the Terms and Conditions carefully.
Eligibility criteria & Application process
- An entry must be made by a start-up with a minimum of one (1) and a maximum of three (3) members. At least one (1) member of the team must have technical expertise relevant to its proposed product/service.
- The start-up must have been registered in Rwanda for at least 1 year.
- The age limit for the individual team members is 18 years old.
- The team must completely fill out and submit the application form as required. Each team member must agree to this set of terms and conditions, as part of the required documents.
- A Selection Committee duly approved by the Management of the Westerwelle Startup Haus Kigali shall review and evaluate the entries through a multi-stage process, and determine the participants to advance to the next phase of the Program. Throughout this multi-stage process, the teams shall be informed accordingly of the status of their applications. Applicants who will progress to further stages in the process shall be informed of additional requirements.
How to apply
- Applicants must submit their startup ideas through the relevant online application form before February 24, 2019 (GMT+2 23:59). Qualified applicants will be notified via email of their successful submission.
Please click on the following link to apply for the program: Application Form
For more information,please visit call-for-applications WSHEKP2019 program