The World Food Programme is accepting applications for its Innovation Accelerator Programme.
WFP’s Innovation Accelerator identifies, nurtures and scales bold solutions to hunger globally. They support WFP innovators and external start-ups and companies through financial support, access to a network of experts and a global field reach.
The Accelerator believes the way forward in the fight against hunger is not necessarily in building grand plans, but identifying and testing solutions in an agile way. It is a space where the world can find out what works and what doesn’t in addressing hunger – a place where we can be bold, and fail as well as succeed.
- If applicants are a start-up, company or NGO…
- Their start-up, company or NGO must be incorporated at the time of application. It can be for-profit or not-for-profit.
- Their innovation must at least be at the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage. Proof of concept is preferred.
- Their proposal must show how working with WFP will serve their long-term strategy.
- If applicants are WFP staff…
- Their team must have evidence of Country Office support and management buy-in.
Applicants will receive up to 100,000 USD in funding, mentorship from industry experts and access to the world’s largest humanitarian organisation.
Applications to the WFP Innovation Accelerator are scored according to a standard set of criteria, and are reviewed by both internal and external experts. They look for startups that meet the following expectations:
- Impact for the people they serve and potential to reach Zero Hunger
- Feasibility, including time to deliver impact, technology maturity, and user traction
- Level of innovation
- Financial sustainability with a clear business case that does not rely on WFP funding
- Team strength, experience, and commitment
How to Apply
- Check your eligibility
- Visit application page hosted by F6S*.
- Create an account and ask your team members to register. All team members need to be registered so that you can apply as a team.
- “Create a team” by selecting registered members or inviting others to join your team. If team members are unable to register, you can select “It’s just me” to access the application.
- Answer the questionnaire.
- Check your eligibility
- Fill out the WFP-only application form
*If you have any technical questions related to the F6S platform, please contact email@example.com.
Please note that acceptance letters will be sent within one month from the application closing date. Due to the large volume of applications, WFP is unable to provide feedback to applicants not selected.
For more information,please visit https://innovation.wfp.org/innovation-accelerator