SIWI is seeking nine committed young professionals to provide support to World Water Week’s Scientific Programme Committee. The Young Scientific Programme Committee (YSPC) is an opportunity for young professionals to expand their network and gain valuable experience. SIWI will provide each of the YSPC members with a full week complimentary registration to World Water Week.
The main tasks of the YSPC are:
- Screen and review/prioritize the abstracts received for each of the workshops (January to March)
- Provide support to the planning of the workshop programme (April to August). This includes to support the SPC members to (In collaboration with the co-conveners) to:
o Developing and managing the workshop’s programme (theme and structure)
o Selecting the oral and poster presentations
o Choosing the keynote speakers, panelists, chairs and moderators
o Deciding on the workshop format
o Staying in contact with the different speakers and workshop-officers (chairs,
moderator) throughout the summer, regarding focus of speech, length of speech etc.
o Staying in contact with SIWI (Maarja.firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding updates in online
programme, texts, invitations etc.
o Screening the speakers power points
o Preparing steering questions for panelists (if relevant).
- Support the workshop rapporteur teams (Take notes during the Workshop and agree on key messages with the SPC members, define three key messages and outcomes from the Workshop) during World Water Week
- Possibility to join the Best Poster Award jury during World Water Week
- Support SPC and Co-convenors to identify presenters/panelists as possible authors for the peer reviewed publication “At the Confluence” (SPC is the Editorial Board for this publication) during World Water Week
- Support SPC and co-convenors to write a 500 word summary of the Workshop (August to September).
To be eligible, candidates should be under 35 years of age
Geography: Europe, N. America, Latin America, Africa, Asia
Backgrounds: academic/practitioner, public/private, local/global, business/civil society
Disciplines: natural sciences (hydrology, ecology etc.), sociology, political science, economics, law etc.
How to apply
Those interested in being part of the YSPC should contact email@example.com with the following information:
- Recommendation letter
- Motivation letter (max. 200 words)
- The seminar you would like to be involved in