Applications open: 15/07/2019
Applications close: 1/09/2019
About this scholarship
Applications are invited from suitably qualified students to apply for an Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships to undertake a Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) at Curtin University. The purpose of the RTP Scholarship is to attract top quality postgraduate students to the University so they can receive high quality research training that will contribute to the research and educational excellence of the university.
These scholarships are funded by the Australian Government and cover one or more of the following types of support:
- Tuition fees offset for up to 4 years (full time load) depending of course and mode of study;
- A stipend to assist students with their living costs while undertaking HDR study; and/or
- An RTP allowance to assist students with ancillary costs which may include:
- for overseas students, a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy approved by the Commonwealth Department of Health which covers the student and may cover their spouse and any dependants;
- Relocation costs to undertake a HDR at Curtin University; and/or
- HDR thesis printing and applicable publication costs.
- Current Students
- Future Students
- Centre for Aboriginal Studies
- Faculty of Business and Law
- Faculty of Health Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Science & Engineering
- Science courses
- Engineering courses
- Western Australian School of Mines (WASM)
- Higher Degree by Research
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- International Student
- Merit Based
The 2019 value of the Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) was $27,596 pa (indexed annually).
The 2020 value will be released by the Australian Government in October 2019.
To be eligible to apply you must:
- Be a current or future student, either domestic or international; and
- Satisfy the entry requirements or be already admitted into a Masters by Research or Research Doctorate at Curtin University including meeting the Curtin University English proficiency levels.
Applicants will be assessed against the following metrics:
- Basis of admission;
- Academic qualifications;
- Achievement of candidacy;
- Work-related research experience;
- Academic accomplishments;
- Research and creative outputs of demonstrable quality;
- Referee report; and
- Strategic aligned projects.
For information and how to apply for admission and scholarship, please visit: https://students.curtin.edu.au/essentials/higher-degree-by-research/hdr-scholarships/
For comprehensive information regarding eligibility requirements, selection process, entitlements and recipient responsibilities please visit https://students.curtin.edu.au/essentials/higher-degree-by-research/hdr-scholarships/