- No. of Positions: 1
- Reference number: 1PHRR/CM
- Job Location: Kigarama (Gikondo)
- Publication: 05-25-2020
- Deadline: 06-05-2020
- Contract duration: one (1) year renewable.
The Centre Marembo is a non-profit association (Asbl) whose headquarters is established in the sector of NDERA, District of Gasabo, in the city of Kigali. It was created in 2003 by three young ladies who wanted to devote their time to promoting the rights of the child through the care of street children.
The legal texts governing it are interred Alia, the “STATUS OF THE ASSOCIATION CENTRE MAREMBO (Asbl) OF 20/02/2010” and the “MINISTERIAL ORDER N◦101 / 08.11 OF 17/09/2010 GRANTING LEGAL PERSONALITY TO THE ASSOCIATION CENTRE MAREMBO AND APPROVING ITS LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES”.
Dictated by the specificities related to the care of girls, the Center decided in 2012, to focus only on young street girls or victims of rape and other gender-based violence.
The Vision of the Centre Marembo is “Rwanda, a country without street children with zero tolerance for rape and other violence against girls”. His mission is to transform the critical live of children and young girls who have survived rape and any other kind of violence.
Our Values are:
- Active listening;
Under the supervision of the director of the Centre Marembo, the manager coordinates and controls all the staff as well as the various services related to accommodation (reception, registration, interview), rehabilitation and reintegration. He/she will have for mission:
- Work closely with the police and local authorities.
- Provide staff supervision (define operating rules).
- Organize the accommodation activity.
- Ensure the comfort of girls.
- Technical monitoring of the accommodation, rehabilitation and reintegration center.
- Support girls in the educational preparation for access to employment.
- Study and propose technical or organizational adjustments.
- Prepare the rehabilitation program.
- Suggest improvements for reception.
- Coordinate education activities.
- Organize and conduct recreational activities that contribute to the psycho-emotional motor and intellectual development of girls.
- Evaluate the need for teaching materials and carry out orders.
- Take care of the girl individually and in a group.
- Observe the girl and her environment to adapt the professional practices necessary for her good development.
- Participate in the implementation and respect of the educational program.
- Sense of welcome.
- Listening and anticipation skills.
- Sense of responsibility and organization.
- Analytical and synthetical mind.
- Capacity for initiative and decision.
- Knowledge in management, sociology and/or psychology.
QUALIFICATION, ABILITY, PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors’degree in Psychology, sociology, hotel management or relevant field
- At least two (2) years of work experience.
- Kinyarwanda and English and/ or French are required.
Interested candidates in this position are asked to submit:
- Curriculum vitae
- Notarized certificate and diploma
- Motivation letter
- Recommendation letter or work certificate from previous employers
via email firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the reference number of publication on email Subject.
The position is exclusively reserved for female candidates
Only the pre-selected candidates will be contacted for the following steps.