Pro-Femmes/Twese Hamwe (PFTH) is a civil society umbrella organization whose mandate is the advancement of Women, Peace, and Development in Rwanda. Pro-Femmes represent 53 member organizations.
PFTH is implementing a Project entitled: Empowering women in Informal Cross Border Trade (EWICBT). The project is funded by The Embassy of the Kingdom of Netherlands and it will operate in Rwanda and in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
PFTH is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Accountant
1. ACCOUNTANT WILL UNDERTAKE THE FOLLOWING SPECIFIC TASKS
- Prepare and keep accounting records for the programs and projects of PFTH;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual financial reports of PFTH and partners;
- Participate in the budget planning of programs and projects;
- Post accounting records in PFTH accounting software on a daily basis;
- Monitor budget execution;
- In collaboration with DAF, Programs Manager, and project staff propose reallocations or redevelopment of the budget;
- Prepare bank reconciliations for all accounts;
- Prepare payments ;
- Ensures sufficient availability of funds in the bank accounts and cash by liaising with the appropriate interlocutors ;
- Analyze financial reports for programs and projects and make recommendations;
- Ensures the management of the data file and the appropriate filing of the electronic and hard copies of the financial/ supporting documents and reports;
- Preparation of payroll;
- Preparation and remittance of all statutory deduction/ taxes to relevant authorities;
- Perform any other tasks as shall be assigned by the supervisors at PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE.
2. DESIRED COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR ACCOUNTANT
- A university degree, with a major in Accounting/ Finance/ Auditing;
- Partial professional qualification in ACCA, CPA is preferable for the prospective candidate;
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- At least five (5) years progressive experience in accountancy preferably in a Local or International NGO of internationally recognized auditing firm with multiple fund management experience;
- Experience of working with accounting software (QuickBooks and SAGE 100);
- Experience in preparation of financial reports (Statement of financial position, income statement, cash flow and Statement of Changes in Equity);
- Fluency in French, English, and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of Kiswahili is an added advantage
3. EXPRESSION OF INTEREST AND APPLICATION
Interested candidates should address their application enclosed with a cover letter, Curriculum vitae, academic documents, and other certificates to the Chairperson of PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE and delivered in a single PDF document to PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE’s e-mail email@example.com not later than 14th September 2020 at 4:00 pm. PFTH is an equal opportunity employer and Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
PRO-FEMMES/TWESE HAMWE head office is located next to the Gahanga Sector Offices, Kicukiro district, City of Kigali.
- The subject of the e-mail should be mentioned “Application for the position of ACCOUNTANT”
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for a written test.