Rwanda Environment Management Authority (REMA) through the Single Project Implementation Unit (SPIU), has obtained funds from different development partners to support the Government of Rwanda in its commitment to deliver on its development agenda. It is in this framework that REMA would like to recruit competitive employee on the position of ACCOUNTANT.
- Position: ACCOUNTANT
Duration: One (1) Year Renewable
Duty and Responsibilities:
- prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts and ensure compliance with financial rules and regulations;
- Records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Review entries and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports;
- Maintain records in compliance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Prepare and follow all the declaration and payment related to TPR and contributions;
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements at the end of each month;
- Establish payment orders for approval by Director of Administration and Finance and then follow them up to ensure that the funds are released;
- Charge budget expenditure and file all documents relating to those operations;
- Support audit process and ensure issues noted are resolved and recommendations implemented
- Job profile:
- AD in Accounting, Finance, Management specializing in Finance/ Accounting or Accounting Professional Qualification recognized by IFAC (ACCA, CPA, etc.).
- Knowledge of finance principles;
- Knowledge of financial reporting;
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software;
- Key Technical Skills & Knowledge required:
- Knowledge of cost analysis skills;
- Knowledge to analyze complex financial information & Produce reports;
- Deep understanding of financial accounts;
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Communication Skills;
- Computer skills;
- Judgment & Decision Making Skills;
- High analytical skills;
- Team working Skills;
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda, English and/ or French; knowledge of all is an advantage.
- At least 3 years of working experience in a public institution in Rwanda would be of distinct advantage.
The application should include:
A detailed curriculum vitae containing full personal details (birth date, gender. Nationality, marital status, home address, and full contract numbers 😉 qualifications and knowledge for the position; Good performance certificate and recommendation documentation from the last employer;
Copies of academic qualifications, copies of other supporting documents. The deadline for the submission of the applications shall be on the 24th/09 /2019
The late application shall not be considered, and online applications are unacceptable
Interested candidates will submit their applications at REMA’s office located In Kacyiru.
All applications to be addressed to the Director-General, REMA.
P.O. Box 7436 Kacyiru Kigali.
For any further information, you can always look at REMA website