GATARE TEA FARMERS SACCO
GFT – SACCO
JOB VACANCY – G.T.F.SACCO
Gatare Tea Farmers SACCO is a Savings and Credit Cooperative (SACCO) operating in Nyamasheke District, Karambi Sector. It was created by the Tea Farmers of GATARE TEA COMPANY and has got license from the Central Bank in 2014
Gatare Tea Farmers SACCO seeks to hire highly qualified, dedicated and experienced employee for the Position of Accountant will be based at the Head Office in Gatare Tea Farmers SACCO
Description of the Tasks and Skills for the Position:
a) Job description:
- Controls all SACCOcash
- Preparation of the SACCO final accounts.
- Preparation of monthly financial Statements reports for BNR, RCA; BoD and others
- Prepares annual SACCO budget in collaboration with the manager,
- Responsible for accounting entries and the general journal of entries on regular basis,
- Supervising all the SACCO activities when the manager is not present.
- Responsible for staff payroll, tax preparation and declaration as well as other relevant accounting tasks,
- Compiles all SACCO daily transactions and summarizes all the work done in accounting books
- Replaces the manager in her absence.
- Prepares, receives and banks cheques.
- Records down all the cheques drawn.
- Ensures that all cash balances are well maintained by using proper register.
- Providing periodic report to the Manager on the affairs of the cash balances.
- Ensures that all cash transactions involving the SACCO expenditure are properly authorized
- Supervises cash office operations and the Safe
- Maintains adequate liquidity requirements in accordance with rules and regulations.
Distribute cash to tellers as necessary
- Supervises tellers to ensure they are working according to instructions.
- Receives and reconciles daily tellers’ cash reports.
- Carries any other duties connected with SACCO transactions as instructed by the manager.
b) Required Qualifications and Skills:
- A High School Diploma (A2 Certificate) in Accountancy(Accounting) is compulsory;
- High Computer skills especially Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and internet
- Experience at least 1 years in working with Microfinance financial institution and Other Related Finance.
- Honesty and integrity,
- Age between 21 – 35 years old and above.
- Not having convicted for any job-related offense,
All candidates shall depose
The interested candidates should submit their
1. Applications Letter,
2. Curriculum vetoes (CV),
3. Copy of Diploma
4. National Identification. in Hard Copy at G.T.F. SACCO not later than 19th August 2019 at 15h00’. Only the preselecting candidates will be notified and the written test will take place on 21st August 2019 at SACCO Business premises.
Done on 09, August, 2019
President of the Board of Directors
GATARE TEA FARMERS’ SACCO