Do You Have A Problem Solving Idea? Accept The Challenge – Enter your Idea now!
#AdamStart International Day of Girl Child Micro Grant – an entrepreneurial initiative is now open to girl or young woman with a creative, innovative problem solving idea to enter for a chance to win one of five £100 micro grants to support the business or social impact venture.
Every year on 11 October, the International Day of the Girl, UNICEF launches an annual campaign with girls to amplify their voices and stand up for their rights. This year, under the theme, “My voice, our equal future”, AdamStart is poised to seize the opportunity to reimagine a better world inspired by young adolescent girls – energized and recognized, counted and invested in.
- £100 micro-grant per person: Full access to top-level industry mentors and coaches.
- 6 month support & mentoring: Access to online training program with a crash course in entrepreneurship module delivered by Pearson Collage London.
- PR & marketing support: Access to finance and funding opportunities to start and scale the idea.
- Inform: The campaign is looking for ideas that focus on ensuring accurate information, awareness advocacy messages meets people in hard to reach ideas. “How might we rapidly inform and empower communities around the world with the data they require to led healthy progressive lives?”
Identify: To aid the global authorities fight to solve some of the world’s biggest challenges, the campaign is looking for ideas/projects that help identify root cause of problems in local communities.
Equality: Share progressive ideas on ventures dedicated to eliminating all forms of discrimination against girls in schools, work-place, skill development, training and society.
- Inclusion: Looking for community projects that will promote girls awareness of and participation in social, economic and political life.
- Applicant must be (or identify as) female;
- The idea must be new and not an already-established venture (where ‘already-established’ means beyond its first year of operation);
- Applicant must be the founder of the idea/project or a member of the founding team;
- Candidate must be between the ages of 18 and 25 (inclusive);
- The idea must be innovative with a clear sustainability plan;
- Applicant must be ambitious and highly-motivated;
- Open to all kinds of business/venture (ideas that bring civil unrest will be rejected);
- Project/venture must enable, support, develop, etc. young girl child(ren) in-line with the UN Girl Child Day agenda.
For more information, visit https://adamstart.com/girlchild/