World Vision International (Rwanda) is a child-focused Christian humanitarian organization implementing development programs in 24 Districts of Rwanda.
World Vision Rwanda seeks to hire a highly qualified, dedicated and experienced national for the position of Administration Manager. The position will be based in Kigali at Head Office and reporting to the People & Culture and Administration Director.
Purpose of the position:
To provide overall management of administrative functions such as office management, logistics management, assets management, and guest relations; in order to contribute to the measurable improvement of the well-being of vulnerable children and communities in Rwanda. The job holder is also responsible for providing leadership to the administration team and management of the administration budget to ensure organizational effectiveness.
The major responsibilities include:
End Results Expected
General Office Management
- Coordinate administrative functions, harmonizing with other departments/units as much as possible.
- Secure safe premises for offices & residential houses and negotiate favorable contracts with Landlords.
- Ensure all staff have a safe and optimal work environment.
- Continuously review office space utilization to ensure optimum allocation and that all staff have sufficient work space.
- Ensuring the office is stocked with necessary supplies and all equipment are working and properly maintained.
- Ensure all repairs and maintenance of the building and all the surrounding areas are carried out as appropriate.
- Oversee smooth operation of the outsourced service providers for office and facilities maintenance.
- Ensure a high-quality filing system including archiving is in use.
- Develop, review and improve administrative systems, policies and procedures and ensure they are consistently applied across the organisation.
- Ensuring compliance to the workplace health and safety measures being undertaken by the organization all the time
- Assist in conducting fire and safety trainings and drills.
- Quality service rendered by the administrative functions
- Effective Facilities Management
- Safe and comfortable work environment
- Availability of office supplies and proper maintenance of equipments
- Working office facilities and surroundings well maintained
- Satisfactory services rendered by the service providers
- Quality filing system and effective archiving in place
- Compliance with up to date administrative systems, policies, and procedures
- Adherence to health and safety measures in the workplace
- Monitor the implementation of fleet Management standards and systems to ensure efficient and effective use of vehicles and transportation services in support of program objectives.
- Ensure that WV Rwanda fleet is operated safely and efficiently as per fleet policy
- Keep abreast of rules and regulations pertaining to vehicle maintenance, certification, and disposal; and ensuring WV Rwanda adheres to the same.
- Ensure proper management of WV Rwanda warehouses and stores.
- Ensure proper use of utilities in offices and residences.
- Ensure proper administration of the lease contracts of offices, warehouses, and residents as appropriate.
- Effective, efficient and safe fleet
- Compliance with laid down rules and regulations
- Effective management of warehouses and stores
- Utilities well managed
- Ensure effective utilization and safeguarding of WV Rwanda assets in a most cost-effective manner and according to WV Rwanda policies and procedures.
- Put in place assets tracking systems and regularly review the movements of the asset within the organization.
- Ensure proper disposal of old and unwanted assets and inventory.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of all assets register and inventory.
- Safe custody of WV Rwanda assets
- Assets tracking systems in place
- Disposal procedures properly followed
- Updated assets register and inventory in place
- Ensure that all guests are facilitated effectively to portray excellent organizational image and promptly address any issue/gap.
- Manage schedules for important office events including major meetings, conferences, workshops and ensure appropriate hotels/venues are booked on time
- Ensure the smooth and adequate flow of information within the organization to facilitate other business operations
- Foster and facilitate cooperative professional relations between Administration Unit and other units/departments, particularly in relation to the provision of office services.
- Represent World Vision Rwanda positively and professionally in both internal and external relations and situations.
- Timely and effective facilitation provided to guests
- Good image of WV Rwanda
- Identified issues/gaps are dealt with timely and in a professional manner
- Effective communication
- Positive relationship among units/department
- Good representation both internally and externally
People and Financial Management
- Ensure effective performance management for the administration team and provide coaching and guidance to improve Office Administration efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish team spirit among administration team members for delivery of professional quality service that reflects the high professional and ethical standards of WV Rwanda
- Coordinate capacity building for Drivers (training on defensive driving, fleet safety, vehicle maintenance, passenger handling).
- Manage and regularly monitor the Administration budget to avoid over/under spending and ensure stewardship in spending
- Assist in the preparation of budgets by providing cost estimates related to travel, maintenance and transportation assets
- Quality performance conversations and reviews conducted timely
- Staff working together as a strong team
- Staff capacity gaps identified and addressed
- Proper budget management
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, or related field
- 3 years of experience in administration and service management
- In-depth understanding of office management procedures and best practices
- Ability to communicate precisely and clearly both in written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office
- Familiarity with budget planning and enforcement, human resources and customer service procedures
Additional Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn from others and work as an effective team member
- Knows local road rules and travel routes in Rwanda
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage.
- The salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience:
N: B: Women are highly encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-rwanda
If this is your first time applying online via the World Vision International careers website, you will need to register an account along with your application details. This site will provide you with additional functionality, such as saved searches and email alerts. Registration requires minimal information to create your account. Further details will be collected during the application process
All applicants must apply using our online application system, CVs received via email or standard post will NOT be considered.
In case you face any challenges in applying, please let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org(no applications will be accepted through this email)
The closing date for submission of applications is June 30, 2019; no late applications will be accepted.
As a child-focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks.