Swiss TPH operates from Basel and through its local and regional project offices. In the Great Lakes region, Swiss TPH has had an office in Kigali for more than 12 years, serving as a base for projects in Rwanda, Burundi, and the DRC (North and South Kivu). Currently, the Kigali office serves as a base for 7 projects in Rwanda. As the number of projects has increased, the need for a contract and administrative managers has increased. The Administrative Manager will be part of a management team together with the Country Director, and the Basel-based project leaders.
Your responsibilities include:
1. Demonstrated ability to successfully support the delivery of project objectives (on time and to budget) and ensure effective coordination of:
· Financial operations of the office, including the yearly budgeting activities and its execution, as well external (project) audits;
· administrative operations of the office including logistics, maintenance, software licensing, insurance and registration; and
· Procurement processes, contracting, and compliance with outlined procedures.
- Oversee human resource management in support of the Basel based project leaders
- Oversee all matters relating to office security and staff safety
You should have the following experiences and skills: **
- University degree in business management, management sciences, or a related field. Knowledge of the health sector or public health project or program management is an asset.
- At least 5 (five) years of experience managing an international office or large-scale projects.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating the planning, budgeting, and logistics across teams, a team of persons, ideally on projects or within an organization related to development or public health.
- At least 2-3 years of human resource management experience with significant involvement in departmental leadership activities.
- Familiarity with financial accounting and reporting, ideally for international clients and donors. Experience with audit processes is an asset.
- A strong spirit of teamwork and initiative, and ability to work with professionals in a multi-cultural context
- Ability to empower employees by building an office environment of mutual trust, respect, transparent communication, and coaching.
- Effective negotiation, conflict management, and communication skills
- Language skills: the candidate has to be fluent in English, and Kinyarwanda. French would be an asset
- Computer skills including word, excel, PowerPoint, and data management software (such as proofhub, switch drive, smart sheet, or others).
- Willingness to travel internally within Rwanda and the region, and abroad periodically.
How to apply
Swiss TPH is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Please submit your application to:
If you are interested, please submit your application with:
· Motivational letter
· Salary expectations
· Names and contact information (email or phone) of 2 references
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only suitable applicants will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will include skill and languages assessment via tests.
Start Date: 01st October 2021 or earlier if available
Deadline for application: 15th September 2021
Contract type: Permanent/ fixed term contract **
Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Duration: one year contract, renewable **