Position Title: Administrative Officer
Reports to: Country Representative
Division: Church World Service – Africa
- Canadian Embassies Recruitment 2023/2024 : Open Jobs/ Vacancies
- British Council Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now !
- UN-Habitat recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- UNHCR Volunteers recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- World Food Programme ( WFP) Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now!
Job Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Grade Level: Grade 5, Officer, National
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
This position is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the
Rwanda Country Representative. S/he also supports other RSC Africa admin focused strategic initiatives with administrative, research, and other support as needed.
- Provides the Country Representative with administrative and logistical support such as logistics for events, meetings, and travel as needed.
- Anticipates needs and is highly responsive to direct and anticipated requests, providing fast, accurate, and thoughtful replies to requests and following up on action items on behalf of the Country Representative.
- Follow-up with relevant staff to ensure appropriate briefing material is completed in anticipation of all events
- Works with the Logistics unit to ensure Country Representative and other important or sensitive travel is well-coordinated ensuring very clear schedules and well-articulated itineraries.
- Supports Country Representative to complete expense reports and ensuring that they are submitted on time in compliance with the Finance Policies and Procedures.
- Manages Country Representative’s calendar, formats information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports, etc.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information and calls and drafts written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Provides response to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Maintains shared calendars and ensures action item holders are responsive to key deadlines/milestones
- Organizes key leadership team meetings including meeting logistics, agenda and materials preparation and serves as the note-taker ensuring that information is collected and summarized for easy comprehension of critical stakeholders.
- Attend meetings with the Country Representative as may be required, take meeting notes, and provide feedback as needed
- Collaborates with other stakeholders to support CWS Africa’s strategic initiatives, including growth objectives, with research, analysis, and administrative tasks
- Conduct research upon requests and present findings
- Supports admin department in the coordination, organization and facilitation of CWS-wide events and initiatives, as assigned.
- Run point on hosting of high level visitors to the Kigali office and coordinate all logistics as required in conjunction with the Administrative Supervisor
- Performs other duties which are assigned and developed to improve the operations of CWS Africa.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience supporting senior leadership preferably in a non-profit environment
- Direct experience in managing sensitive and confidential matters with a high level of professionalism
- Experience with event planning, coordinating travel logistics, and managing calendars preferred
- Previous experience working with an International NGO is an added advantage
- Strong independent thinking skills with ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimum supervision
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationship within the organization and externally
- Excellent administrative and customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to draft correspondences and other communication with minimum direction
- Professional maturity and strong decision-making skills
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel and Power point) and other work management platforms e.g. Monday.com
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Demonstrated written and verbal English skills
- Committed to and conform with the organization’s mission.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Work with minimal supervision
- Manage large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities
- Maintain the integrity of official records;
- Analyse and solve complex problems and make sound decisions
- Maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail
- Work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa;
- Actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment required
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field; or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- COVID Vaccination required for all successful candidates
- The candidate should be of good health, willing and able to travel extensively in often difficult conditions, and have a high degree of flexibility. Must have proof of Yellow Fever vaccination before traveling for CWS Africa.
- This position is based in Kigali, Rwanda.
- This position requires use of laptops at all time, competence in Microsoft office packages is required.
- This position may require travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- Background check which includes references and an educational and criminal check is required before the start of employment.
- A valid passport and the ability to maintain a valid passport throughout the entire appointment is required, which includes having enough passport pages for travel.
- Physical: This position requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, kneeling, sitting, standing, walking, pushing/pulling, handling objects (manual dexterity), reaching above shoulder level, using fine finger movements, and lifting/carrying heavy loads.
- Environmental: Incumbents in this position will be exposed to excessive noise, marked changes in temperature and/or humidity, dust and infectious diseases, harsh weather climates, long work hours, bumpy roads, extended travel, excessive sun exposure, and non-ventilated spaces.
- Full time
- All employees should be prepared to work from the CWS office within their location of hire. Remote work arrangements may vary depending on location and the governing rulings regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.
How to Apply
Log onto CWS Careers site: https://cwsglobal.org/work-with-cws/
Church World Service (CWS) does not charge fees of any kind during the recruitment process (Submission of application, interviews, assessments, trainings, etc.). Any solicitation of funds should be reported to Fraud@CWSAfrica.org
This is a re-advertisement, those who had applied need not to re-apply.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.