Are you a changemaker looking to expand your connectivity business in Africa? Apply now for the Africa50 Innovation Challenge. Africa50 is looking for the most innovative infrastructure and tech solutions which enable people to connect to the internet in their daily lives, through fixed and mobile devices
ABOUT THE CHALLENGE
Calling all developers, ICT experts, engineers and innovators, to join Africa50 in finding sustainable solutions to respond to Africa’s most critical and pressing infrastructure development challenges.
Africa50’s Innovation Challenge provides you with an unparalleled opportunity to get your solution in front of our investment team and project funding partners, as well as gain exposure in Africa’s leading tech events.
The call is open for innovators, engineers, entrepreneurs, ICT experts, individuals or organizations worldwide, to submit their workable solutions for implementation.
Innovations that meet the following criteria will be considered:
• Solutions at pilot and/or post-revenue stage
• Solutions must meet worldwide environmental, social and governance standards.
• Combinations of solutions are encouraged, including technological and deployment models, particularly those that work systemically and unlock a number of barriers to the challenges of last mile connectivity.
• Solutions may include physical infrastructure such as solar powered mobile masts and platforms, TV white-space technology, drones and local micro-nets, as well as innovative rural network deployment models.
• Novel ways of using existing technology and infrastructure, software or social engagement.
• Solutions to related issues such as energy access, supporting uptake and device affordability and usability are also encouraged.
• Solutions that have applicability in locations other than Rwanda are allowed. However, for this competition the solutions will be piloted in Rwanda.
If an entity is considered for potential funding, it should be willing to implement its solution and become a partner in the project that would be piloted in Rwanda.
Top reasons to apply
Financial Reward: Cash prize and/or potential project development funding
Investor Connections: Access to B2B matching services to connect with new partners
Deal Opportunities : Integrate Africa50’s pipeline of bankable projects
Exposure and Influence : Opportunity to pitch your solution at AfricaCom and Transform Africa, the largest tech events in Africa
Technical Support : Technical support to improve your project’s investment readiness
Pan-African Footprint : Opportunity to scale your solution to Africa50’s shareholder countries (27 at present)
Applications open from 14 May to 31 December 2019