Green Agribusiness Fund is designed to invest in agribusiness initiatives/companies that are deemed socially responsible in their business dealings in various parts of Africa. These businesses must be owned by young Africans who are living in Africa.
The focus is to raise the next generation of agric entrepreneurs that will lead great initiatives in agriculture and position agriculture in Africa on the path of decent jobs creation, food security and improved living standard.
This initiative will promote agribusinesses focusing on priority aspects of agriculture such as post harvest loss, climate smart farming, urban farming, seed and soil improvement, precision farming, agtech, access to market and agro commodity trading.
- Applicant on the pilot phase must be citizens or residents of Nigeria or Rwanda.
- Applicant must live in Nigeria or Rwanda.
- Applicant’s business must be registered and operational in Nigeria or Rwanda for at least one year.
- Applicants must be between age of 20-35 at the time of application
- Applicants must be an agricultural entrepreneur and business initiative must address the themes of the initiative.
- Application must address reduction of young women’s unemployment within their communities.
- Applicants in a partnership should apply together with their partners as one company.
- Applicants in partnership must provide consent letter from partner(s).
- Business of applicants must be sustainable, financially viable and must be their authentic idea.
- In a case where applicants have more than one business focus, only one of the business focuses should be presented
- Selected beneficiaries are not allowed to apply again in the future.
- Current employees or their families from JR Farms and affiliate/partner organizations are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be willing to share equity stake for a period of 4 years.
- Applications must be made in English or French
- Application is free, no fee is charged for the application.
- Applications would be online only, but interviews could be organized with the 10 shortlisted candidates if needed.
- Application and all supporting documents must be submitted online.
- A confirmation email of the reception of the application will be sent to all applicants within 24 hours after submitting application.
Apply online at https://www.gafafrica.com/gaf/users/apply