At Choose Yourself, we envision the growth of Girl Talk to happen in every country, city and town. We Believe the conversations had in Girl Talks are necessary in every community and are determined to deliver this empowerment, sisterhood and solidarity to all young women and girls across the globe.
Girl Talk Ambassadors are young women and girls interested in being a part of Girl Talk and making this vision of bring these conversations to your closest community. Girl Talk Ambassadors are located in every community, and work to develop conversations they believe to be beneficial for the communities they live in, identify potential sponsors and organize Girl Talk in their communities. Ambassadors are the heart of Girl Talk because they are located in the communities. They are able to have these conversation with other young women and girls on a daily. Ambassadors get mentorship and training from the director of Girl Talk program and work closely with her as they organize Girl Talks.
These are the responsibilities of a Girl Talk Ambassadors:
– Work closely with Director of Girl Talk on identifying cities to have Girl Talk
– Identifying potential sponsors
– Planning and organizing Girl Talk in their communities
– Identifying panelists to invite
– Providing information on potential venue, and the costs related
They should have the following skills among many:
– Impeccable time managers
– Exceptional communication skills
– Work excellently in teams and independently
– Pay attention to detail, write precise drafts
– Enthusiastic about Girl Talk and its vision
At Choose Yourself, we are looking for women passionate about women’s issues, who are aware of systemic and structural inequalities, and love other women. We are looking for women interested in learning about womanism, Black feminism and intersectional feminism, who are interested in unpacking the different ways we are socialized. In the end, we hope that this will contribute to the success of their programs.
Our team is filled with young women who are willing to be resources for Girl Talk Ambassadors as they journey into this field that requires a lot of unlearning and learning.