Berea College, one of America’s top Universities, offers 100% funded scholarship to international students. Berea College has opened applications for international students seeking admission at the Institution for 2020/2021 academic session.
Berea College encourages applications from students who:
- do not yet have a 4-year college degree;
- do not have dependents or are married.
- meet university entrance requirements in their own country;
- are able to present outstanding secondary and/or leaving exam results;
- are able to present IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, or ACT results;
- are fluent in the English language, both oral and written;
- are interested in living and learning in an environment that stresses the equality and kinship of all people regardless of race, class, age, religion, sexual orientation, or nationality;
Cost & Funding
There is no application fee to apply to Berea College. International students accepted by Berea College are funded for four years of study. We ask that each international student, once offered admission, to pay a one-time enrollment fee of $50 and a $2,200 deposit before coming to Berea to help with costs for medical, dental, emergencies, or other unexpected expenses. Students may apply for an exception to paying the deposit if there are inadequate family finances. The remaining balance of the deposit will be returned upon graduation. Having the deposit while at Berea is essential.
The funding provided by Berea College includes cost of education (the equivalent of tuition) for up to four years. Costs for room and board are also covered completely for the first year. Because all students at Berea contribute to their educational costs and to the operation of the College via the Labor program, you will have the opportunity each term to contribute to the cost of room and board. The amount of your contribution is based upon your time on campus, or rank (sophomore, junior, senior). As a result, the amount you will pay from your labor earnings toward room and board (term bill) should increase each year. This formula is designed to never exceed your ability to pay and to always leave you with money for discretionary expenses, provided you earn a minimum of $1,000 each summer.
It will take your full cooperation of working the maximum amount of hours in the labor program and during breaks and adopting a frugal life style (which we encourage of all students) in order to have the necessary funds needed. Upon receipt of the required fee and deposit, admitted international students will be promptly issued an I20. Students are also responsible for all Visa fees, and any other necessary travel expenses to travel to the U.S.
We understand that you may not initially have any financial means to pay for all the above expenses, but please do not let this prevent you from applying
How to apply
In order to be considered for admission, a completed application packet must be received in the Berea College Office of Admissions no later than 5:00 p.m. (Eastern Time) November 30, 2019.
FULL DETAILS ( APPLICATION PROCESS) >>International-Application-for-Admission-and-Scholarship-Packet.pdf
Berea College, founded in 1855, is a racially integrated, coeducational liberal arts college. Berea’s motto, “God has made of one blood all peoples of the earth” reflects the conviction of Berea founder and ardent abolitionist, John G. Fee. Berea’s spiritual foundations are rooted in the Christian faith, but Berea welcomes people of all faiths, or no faith at all, to study in a diverse campus setting. Berea is committed to providing a high-quality education for high-achieving students with limited financial resources.
Additional International Tips & Tricks
- Applying for Admission
- Costs and Financial Aid
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Application Deadline: November 30, 2019
- Previous International Applicants: If you have previously applied to Berea and wish to apply again, a new application packet must be submitted, including all supporting materials (test scores, transcripts, recommendations, etc.). Please be sure to tell us of any college or university coursework you are currently pursuing or have completed since your last application.
- Applicants must mail the completed application forms and all other components of the application process in one packet (test scores, high school records, recommendations, etc.). International students cannot apply online. Please note that application packets must be received by that date in order to be considered for admission.
- Once an application has been processed, a confirmation email will be sent to the applicant. All applicants will receive an update on their admission decision status in January. Final admissions decisions will be released no later than April 30.
For more information,please visit https://www.berea.edu/admissions/application/