As one of the advanced economies in the world, Japan continues to lead in many fields, from high-tech industries to the creative and entertainments industries. Japan’s over 780 universities, which include several that rank amongst the top 200 in the world, offer abundant opportunities to international students to further their education in Japan.
There are currently over 140,000 international students studying in Japan and the Ministry of Education Culture Sports Science and Technology (MEXT) has an ambitious target to increase the number to 300,000 by the year 2020.
Here are some Best online resources for International students planning to study in Japan
Study & Living in Japan
- Study in Japan (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan)m: This page offers a comprehensive guide to just about everything connected with studying in Japan, from selecting the right type of institute to application and immigration procedures.
- Gateway to Study in Japan: This website is a portal site producing and running by Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) in order to offer comprehensive information about study in JAPAN.
- Study in English at Japanese Universities (Global 30 project) : Information about studying in English at Japanese Universities
- Study in Japan(JASSO) : This organization offers a wide variety of services, including information about studying in Japan, details of scholarships, promotion of short-term student exchanges, and follow-up services for former international students in Japan. It has a fully searchable database of colleges and universities as well as downloadable information packs.
- Japanese College and University Portraits: A data portal for the publication of educational information on national, public and private universities and colleges, developed by higher education-related associations including certified evaluation and accreditation organizations of Japan.
- Japan Study Support: This is the largest website of information for international students in Japan.
- tsk.or.jp : Search for Professional Training Colleges and Japanese Language Institutes.
Research in Japan
- Researchmap:A database for a researcher search launched by the National Institute of Informatics
- J-GLOBAL: An online service to link science and technology information
We wish you all the best in your academic endeavors!