POSITION: Business Associate
LOCATION: Kigeme, Mahama, Gihembe, Nyabiheke, Mugombwa and Kiziba
REPORTS TO: Business Development Advisor
Inkomoko Entrepreneur Development is a full-service business development firm focused on growing small to medium enterprises. Our services help our clients develop and improve their capacity. Founded in 2012, Inkomoko identifies entrepreneurs in Rwanda and provides them with business education, mentorship, and strategy consulting, so that they can grow their businesses and create jobs for others.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Inkomoko seeks a highly talented and experienced Business Associate to coordinate and work directly with our entrepreneur clients in the camp. The Business Associate will join a growing start-up team with core responsibilities as follows:
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for a highly organized Business Associate who will support our team in the coordination of our program activities focused on refugees and host communities based in one of the six camp: Gihembe, Kigeme, Mahama, Nyabiheke, Kiziba and Nyabiheke. The Business Associate will join our team with core responsibilities as follows:
Business consulting & Client Relationship Management (60% of time)
- Intake process of program entrepreneurs and conducting monthly site visits to assess business need and opportunities
- Generate cash flow statements and profitability analyses
- Provide informed, strategic, and realistic advice to help client meet their objectives, or shift their objectives towards better sustainability/profitability
- Ongoing site visits to provide real time advising to solve business changes and grow businesses
- Connect clients to other INKOMOKO services, including trainings and access to finance
- Keep up-to-date the clients’ business information in an accurate manner in Odoo
- Serve as the lead through the enrollment process program entrepreneurs
- Lead the group formation process for idea stage businesses/entrepreneurs
- Serve as the financial literacy advisor to program entrepreneurs
Camp activities coordination and administration (30% time)
- Develop a good relationship with all partners and local authorities in and near the camp
- Provide weekly and monthly reports on time
- Represent INKOMOKO in all Camp and District stakeholder meetings
- Work closely with the Business Development Advisor and the training team to organize activities such focus group consulting, refresher trainings, one on one consulting etc.
- Assist INKOMOKO staff with all in-camp communications
- Make sure activities at the Camp are done in a timely manner
- Assist the M&E team with surveys and data collection at the camp
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Supervise volunteers in all the logistics and organization of INKOMOKO activities in camp and host community
- Assist the AEC RT team to follow up with clients’ loan repayments
- Supervise the volunteer to ensure all messages sent to Camp refugees, and confirm messages have been received
- Communicate program details to refugee participants, as requested by INKOMOKO
- Communicate about any challenge faced by participants during program implementation
- Perform any other duties as assigned
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for candidates who will navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, a sense of humor, and imagination.
- Understanding of business concepts (finance, Operations, HR, marketing, Business ideation, cash flow management, human centered design & Business Model Canvas) and be able to teach these concepts to adult learners in non-traditional settings.
- Understanding of Saving Groups (Group formation, management, rules and regulations, financing models, dispute resolutions)
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- 3+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field
- Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Outgoing and Social
- Honest and professional
- University education
- Be between ages 25-35 years
- Excellent communicator to audiences in Swahili, French, English and Kinyarwanda
- Must be based near the camp full time [refer to camp list]
- Access to a smart phone 24/7
- Candidate should not be employed by UNHCR, MIDIMAR or MasterCard or any other organization with Camp activities currently
- Experience in consulting, business planning, and providing business advice
- Strong financial and accounting skills; familiarity with Rwanda’s tax & financial policies
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Excel, Word and Google Drive
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good presentation and training skills
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Fun, collaborative work environment
- Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Rwanda
- Health benefits, gross salary between 400,000 – 500,000 RWF/month (negotiable)
Follow this link to submit your application by 16 July, 2019, in your cover letter explain how your skills and experience will be valuable to this role.
Also, please note that the cover letter must include the following:
- Describe any experience you have doing community mobilization
- Describe any experience you have working with entrepreneurs or SMEs and why you are passionate about the opportunity to support entrepreneurs in Rwanda.
- Task: Describe 3 major challenges entrepreneurs face here in Rwanda. How would you assist entrepreneurs in addressing these challenges (under 250 words)?
- Your current salary and/or salary expectations for this position.