TERM: Full time, 1-year commitment, Renewable
REPORTS TO: Director of SME Growth
The Branch Manager will join a growing start-up team with core responsibilities as follows:
CLIENT SERVICES MANAGEMENT (40% TIME)
- Supervise the team of Client Services staff to deliver business development services to at least 50 entrepreneurs annually.
- Cooperate closely with the Director of Client Services on activities and performance.
- Implement Inkomoko’s Training, Assessment, and Consulting process with clients.
- Manage, Coach, and Develop Business Development Associates to ensure high quality services
- Manage the schedule and delivery of services throughout client engagements
- Organize and conduct Bootcamp Trainings with Clients
- Conduct client business assessments and provide recommendations for improvement
- Provide expert advice; help clients to navigate challenges and make sound business decisions
- Advise staff on how to serve clients on operations, sales, and bookkeeping processes and improvements
- Advise staff on how to serve clients on financing and investment opportunities/challenges
- Serve on the Inkomoko Management Team, providing strategic direction and leadership
CLIENT SALES (30% TIME)
- Maintain perfect understanding of Inkomoko’s service offers to be able to explain the right package to clients, after understanding their business needs
- Manage, coach, and develop Client Relationship Manager to sell services to clients
- Find and persuade clients to buy Inkomoko services
- Meet with prospective clients to explain Inkomoko’s services, and confirm their contract
- Create a positive and welcoming culture to all new companies that Inkomoko reaches
- Execute client contracts, track their relevant data, and on-board the client with other staff
EXTERNAL RELATIONS (15% TIME)
- Maintain and grow Inkomoko’s relationships with various program partners and external stakeholders – particularly in the areas of Musanze and with Tourism & Hospitality partners – coordinating with Inkomoko’s government relations office
- Stay up-to-date with trends in tourism and hospitality, entrepreneurship trends across Rwanda and East Africa, connecting our entrepreneurs to new insights in tourism strategies and other government initiatives
- Support external communications efforts, working with communications experts to provide case studies and data to support public relations on social media, blogs, and other forums
ADMINISTRATION (15% TIME):
- Set up a new Branch Office; negotiate office lease, purchase needed equipment, etc.
- Work with Director of Client Services to plan and manage the budget, staffing, and other resource needs to deliver program outcomes
- Work with Kigali Headquarters Finance Department to manage client payments, and local expenses
- Manage other office logistics
- Other duties to support organizational culture and leadership
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking individuals who can bring lasting impact to our work. We are looking for candidates who will navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, a sense of humor, and imagination. The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- 5+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field
- Experience in managing staff
- Experience in working independently on large projects
- Experience in consulting, business planning, and providing business advice
- Excellent computer skills, especially with MS Excel and Word
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good presentation and training skills
- Experience in Tourism and Hospitality industry preferred
- Shows perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- Must speak fluent English and Kinyarwanda; French is an added advantage
- Minimum a Bachelor’s Degree, advance degree strongly preferred.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Fun, collaborative work environment that is driven by our values and mission
- Opportunity to work with a talented, passionate, and committed team of professionals
- Challenging work and the opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Ability to make an impact and contribute to economic growth in Rwanda.
In your cover letter please include the following:
- Describe any experience you have working with entrepreneurs or SMEs and why you are passionate about the opportunity to support entrepreneurs in Rwanda.
- Task: Describe your “management style” including how you as a Branch Manager would act to make your Branch a success? (under 250 words)
- Your net salary expectations for this position
Note: The application deadline is Monday 15 July, 2019.