Scope and responsibilities of the role
- Increase and broaden the institutional funding base of Trócaire’s country programmes in Rwanda in line with the organisational and country specific institutional funding strategy.
- Coordinate and manage all components of the proposal development process, ensuring a high quality and timely submission to institutional donors, consistent with Trócaire’s Organisational and Country Strategic Plans.
- Support the programme teams in the development of well-designed projects and programmes for submission to institutional donors, consistent with Trócaire’s Organisational and Country Strategic Plan.
- Provide over-sight and support to programme staff in the management and compliance of all institutional funding grants and potential commercial contracts in Rwanda.
- Position Trócaire as potential partner (sub and lead) for commercial contracting.
- Build the capacity of Trócaire’s programme staff and partners to manage existing and future institutional funding grants/contracts.In particular, this role will involve the following components:
• Masters degree in Development, Humanitarian, Business Administration or related field of study
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in overseas development and/or the humanitarian sector;
• Experience working and/or having studied in an international setting
• Experience in proposal and report writing for major international donors including Irish Aid, EU and UK Government/s, USAID, UN agencies and other relevant institutional donors and trusts/foundations.
• Proven record of accomplishment of securing institutional funding from successful grant applications and commercial contracts, incl. in consortia.
• Experience in managing grants financed by the donors such as: Irish Aid, EU, SIDA, the UK Government, other European Governments, UN agencies, US Government funding (USAID, State Depts.), and other relevant institutional donors and trusts/foundations.
• Project cycle management using results frameworks and/ or logical frameworks.
• Working with civil society partner organisations.
• Training/capacity building in a multi-cultural environment
We are looking for a highly motivated business development and grants manager that will work closely with the team to obtain new institutional funding for Trócaire Rwanda’s work. In addition the perfect candidate will be able to provide high quality grant management support and leadership in current and newly funded projects.
NB: This position is for a local contract on national salary scale
Closing date for applications is 31st January 2021