Job Title Business Development Consultant
Reporting requirements Reporting directly to the Executive Director
Staff directly interacting with this post Serves as an advisor to the organizational executive management team
Job location Kigali, however the post holder should expect to spend up to 10% of the time in the field where NAR’s activities are implemented; as well as travelling occasionally within the region and beyond.
About NAR and the Peacebuilding pillar
Never Again Rwanda (NAR) is a peacebuilding and social justice Non-Governmental organization, which was founded in 2002, in response to the 1994 genocide against the Tutsi. The founders started with an idea of creating a safe space for the youth and university students to open up about their trauma and past pain, in order to promote healing of the then-fractured society, an idea that later grew into an organization. We are committed to empowering communities with opportunities to become active citizens.
The Business Development Consultant works with key organizational leadership to develop strategic plans for NAR’s business development and growth. NAR has an impressive record for growth over the past 18 years, and the BDC will be expected to help build on that success to promote growth and stability for the organizationThe Business Development Consultant is also responsible for identifying and tracking new business development opportunities, preparation, and production of high-quality proposals to potential donors. She/he will be in charge of grant-making, business development, proposal writing (corporate capability statements, personnel sections, and more), and also participates in partnering activities.
Duties and responsibilities
The BDC reports directly to the Executive Director and serves as an advisor of the organizational executive management team. She/he will be responsible for two critical functions: Grant development process and identification of business opportunities from public, private, academic and international sources.The BDC will advance the NAR’s mission and raise the organization’s visibility through targeted and strategic outreach. Active involvement in fundraising and networking with donors and collaborative organizations for the purpose of expanding program operations;
- Identify and track potential funding opportunities;
- Write proposals in the following areas:- peacebuilding, governance, research, Human rights education, and any other activities carried out by NAR
- Oversee and contribute to the development of personnel capacity in program development and ensure compliance;
- May present briefings on selected topical research/opportunities for expansion, and help manage the processes needed to gather strategic information and plan outreach campaigns to partners and collaborators;
- Assist NAR staff on effective program development and coordination techniques, and help improve in both management and leadership processes
- Support NAR’s vision in becoming a regional peacebuilding organization in the next five years.
- Support the communication and Media team in developing an online Peacebuilding Journal
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of Experience in program management with proven experience in design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Proven understanding of Non-Governmental Organizations and civil society development.
- Must demonstrate a track record in writing grants and proposals.
- Have the ability to develop research proposals.
- Have a track record of having written articles in international Journals.
- Have the capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Possess a Master’s degree or Ph.D. in social sciences, International relations, Project Management, Governance, Public Policy analysis, Peacebuilding or any other related domains in social science.
- Proven ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written English and oral form.
Interested candidates must submit their CVs and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31st 2020 at 5pm.“Business Development Consultant” MUST BE included in the subject line of the application email to be considered.
Please note that due to high volume of applications, ONLY short-listed candidates will be contacted