About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, the farmers we serve harvest 50 per cent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
The Business Development Team is constantly growing in scale and sustainability; our ability to do so depends on raising external funding. The Business Development team uses Salesforce as the central data hub for storing and analyzing information related to all of our fundraising opportunities. We are therefore seeking a business operations associate with accuracy and details to manage our CRM, and donor database and improve our core team systems, lead systems administration projects, and provide team-wide support. You should have passion for getting every number right, derive excitement from delivering error-free work, and improve systems. You will report to the deputy Team Leader in a cross-team role.
Donor database management (50%)
- Donation processing: entering incoming donations into One Acre Fund’s customized Salesforce CRM system, issuing acknowledgement letters, and reconciliation of donations with Finance systems.
- Systems administration: Building reports from Salesforce, auditing newly-awarded grants, ensuring team compliance with processes, and training new staff on Salesforce.
- Manage and write regular communications for donors including credit card donors
You may also like:
- USAID recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancy announcements
- UNESCO Jobs & Online application( February 2024)
- Japan Embassy recruitment :Open Jobs/Vacancies
- Support the Executive Director and other senior leaders to manage top donor relationships and secure renewed gifts
- Spearhead the CRM analytics projects
Salesforce system and process improvements (25%)
- Map out the Systems processes and implement continuous improvements
- Manage the back end of Salesforce to ensure that the system is effective for the team
- Design and implement projects to strengthen Salesforce for fundraising
- Strengthen team fluency and compliance with Salesforce
- Support of the Salesforce integration with other systems such as SAP.
Grant Compliance Support (10%)
- Grant compliance support by making sure all grant conditions, clauses, restrictions and milestones are tracked
- Review any grant support gaps and create efficient solutions for the team
Digital Fundraising Support (15%)
- Liaise with vendors and service providers who support digital fundraising.
- Manage our Give page (on the website) and ensure that:
- Give Page errors are quickly fixed
- Retail donors receive timely communications
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- A passion for numbers and data accuracy.
- Excellent command of Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) and Google Sheets.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM/donor databases is required.
- A demonstrated interest in or understanding of fundraising is required.
- Customer service-oriented personality.
- Project management skills.
- Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine good humour, patience, and learning.
- A willingness to commit to this position for the long term (minimum 2 years).
- Language: English required.
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Nairobi, Kenya or Kigali, Rwanda
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
06 March 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.