Business Development Specialist
We are looking for a Business Development Specialist to support and develop our international expansion, particularly into the European and Asia territories. Your primary goal is to drive and execute business development activities to accelerate market share growth and client adoption of SOUK Investment Group (SIG) Agri produce. You will be responsible for ensuring that the company achieves its revenue as well as growth and strategic objectives.
-Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to Senior Management.
-Achieve sales targets and develop the required territories by building relationships to win new clients.
-Negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers as per mandate provided by Senior Management.
-Generate leads and cold call prospective customers. Maintain a client database to record client information, call activity, actions, follow-ups and results etc.
-Attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
-Think strategically – seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
-Track and report competitive issues.
-Interface and report to Senior Management on strategy and progress.
-Acquire, maintain and report adequate knowledge of product, market and competition.
- A “hunter” personality is an absolute must.
- Strong experience in sales. At least 5 years of business development experience.
- Be fluent in English and French. Both verbal and written. Other foreign language(s) a plus
- Strong network of contacts in the Agribusiness.
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Suite programs and databases
- Interpersonal communication, and written communication skills
- Well organized, detail-oriented, results-focused and able to work autonomously;
- Frequent travel within the assigned territory.