To provide a ladder of opportunity to underserved communities in Rwanda, as we proclaim and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We share the hope of Christ as we provide financial services and biblically-based training that restore dignity and break the cycle of poverty.
The love of Jesus Christ motivates us to identify with those living in poverty and be His hands and feet as we strive to glorify God.
Urwego Bank Plc is dedicated to providing financial services to the people of Rwanda. Motivated by Jesus Christ’s call to serve those in need. Its mission is to achieve economic spiritual transformation in the lives of underserved, using financial services and tested training as we share Jesus Christ’s love.
Urwego Bank wishes to recruit 1 qualified, competent and proactive Business Intern at the Head Office who will Promote and fulfill the mission of Urwego Bank.
Job Title: Business Intern
Department: Service Delivery
Reporting to: Director of Business
Directly Supervises: None
Location: Head Office
The Business Intern is expected to assist the business team in producing analytical reports (periodically and on a need basis) for business performance review and business planning.
Promote and fulfill Urwego Bank’s 3Ms as listed above while working within a Christ-centered environment that is mission-driven, community-oriented and results-driven.
Spiritual Integration and Christian Witness
- Ensure a personal, healthy spiritual balance within a family, work, and church life through the adoption of biblical personal and spiritual disciplines; and
- Conduct daily work, make decisions and help Urwego Bank make decisions in a way that witnesses to the presence, power, and love of Jesus and the reality of his Kingdom on earth.
Essential duties and accountability: Business Intern will be reporting to the Director of Business with the following responsibilities:
- Provide support with weekly analytical business performance reports – global and zonal
- Assist in producing monthly analytical business performance reports – global and zonal
- Assist in producing trend analysis reports – Sector, product, gender, branch, individual staff, client retention, etc.
- Provide support when Consolidating market/industry performance trends – pricing, products, entrants, mergers, closures, etc
- Assist the business team with business data sourcing and analysis
- Handle any other task assigned by the business team.
- Analytical skills – able to interpret and analyze business data/information.
- Critical thinking – able to deeply understand data/information.
- Attention to details – Able to identify the none obviously
- Meeting deadlines – Having the required work ready on time
- Working under pressure – Able to work in a team and alone with minimal supervision
- Business conceptual skills – able to understand and interpret business scenarios
- Business modeling skills – ability to understand business operations
Compliance to Policy and Procedure
Maintain a copy of the valid policy and procedure manuals for the critical processes associated with your work such as HR Manual, fraud detection guidelines and ensure compliance to those policies
Knowledge and Skills
- Pro efficiency in excel.
- Data Analytical skill.
- Graphical presentation and interpretation skills.
- General knowledge of the banking/finance industry.
- Financial and mathematical skills.
- Education and Experience
- Poses a Degree in statistics or other similar fields
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and including report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
How to apply
- Interested and eligible applicants should submit the following documents to Urwego Bank Plc Head Office at Remera, Umuyenzi Plaza not later than 20th September 2019 5 pm.
- Applications should be addressed to the HR Department
- Motivation letter explaining your suitability for the position,
- Curriculum vitae with 2 referee names,
- Degree Certificate, Copy of ID and additional certificates if any.
- Recommendation from your Church with a validity of not less than 6 Months
- Statement of Faith.