Under the of the Mastercard Foundation and the University of Rwanda of Rwanda (UR), the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Rwanda (MCF-SP@UR) is calling for application to a comprehensive no-refundable scholarship for access to quality university education at the University of Rwanda to qualified academically talented, yet economically disadvantaged young Rwandan people with leadership potential and other African coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa currently living in Rwanda as Certified Refugees. (Download here the full call).
For Academic Year-2021 – 2022, 75 scholarships are available to students Admitted at UR in selected undergraduate programs (19 Scholarships are specifically reserved to refugees & 7 specifically reserved to Youth with disability). Priority shall be given to female students and students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) programs.
Eligible Applicants must :
- Be Rwandan or a refugee/ displaced youth currently living in Rwanda.
- Be below 28 years at the time of application for the undergraduate programs.
- Be admitted into the selected programs at University of Rwanda in 1st year for academic year 2021-2022 (see full call for application)
- Have for secondary schools’ aggregate marks :
- At least 70 as aggregate mark for programs in Medicine and Pharmacy, and 67 as aggregate mark for other programs or equivalent, or
- At least 80% aggregate mark or equivalent for applicants from Teacher Training Centres (TTC), or
- At least 55% aggregate mark or equivalent for applicants from TVET schools
- Applicants with any other scholarship, once selected, must be willing to discontinue it to benefit from the MCF-SP @UR scholarship opportunity.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs or living with disability.
- The applicant must have proven records of leadership and community engagement(s).
- The applicant must have a strong commitment to community engagement and transformation and be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her community.
Application is done online through a general application form at https://mcfscholars.ur.ac.rw . The deadline for Application for the MCF-SP@UR Scholarships 2021-2022 is ON OR BEFORE WEDNESDAY 1 JUNE 2022 AT 11.59PM (CENTRAL AFRICA TIME).
During the application period, an MCF-SP@UR Scholarship application support team will be available to provide any needed information. The following are contact details of the heads of MCF-SP@UR scholarship application support team :
|Dr. Odette Uwizeye :
Registrar of University of Rwanda | Tel : +250 788 304 391 | Email : email@example.com
|Prof. Evariste Karangwa
Lead -Recruit – MCF-SP@UR | Tel : +250 739 140 377 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org