The International Trade Centre (ITC) under the European Union (EU) – East African Community (EAC) Market Access Upgrade Programme (MARKUP) is pleased to invite your company to apply to the call for Expressions of Interest to participate in the MARKUP EAC Invest Event 2021, to be held in collaboration with Sankalp Africa Summit 2021.
What will you find there?
- Access to one of the largest Africa-based investment summit (Sankalp Africa 2021) dedicated to public and private stakeholders talking about concrete solutions to boost investment opportunities for East African Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), particularly in agriculture;
- A unique opportunity to meet international and regional investors and impact investors through dedicated deal rooms;
- A workshop on how to make your busines investment ready ;
- Business clinics on investment needs as related to your Branding & Marketing, Packaging, and Quality Compliance and Standards led by ITC experts.
- Who we are looking for: We are looking for 50 SMEs or cooperatives from Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Burundi and Tanzania.
- When the event is going to be: The event will be organized from March 1 to 4 during the Sankalp Africa Summit 2021 ( https://www.sankalpforum.com/ ).
- How can you participate: The event will have both digital and physical sessions, workshops and trainings. Physical sessions will be organized in Nairobi if COVID-19 national regulations will allow.
- How much does it cost for you: Almost nothing. ITC will sponsor:
- your access to EAC Invest Event with its workshops, sessions, and trainings;
- your entrance to the Sankalp Africa Forum 2021;
- your participation to the MARKUP digital booth that will allow your business to get visibility from investors participating to Sankalp;
- We will pay your flights and full board accommodation from March 1 to 4 in Nairobi, if COVID-19 regulations allow.
- What do you need to pay for: You will be responsible for your own visa and any additional incidental costs linked to your participation to the physical sessions in Nairobi.
The target participants are:
- 50 small and medium-sized enterprises or cooperatives from the following EAC countries and agricultural sectors:
- Burundi: Coffee, Tea, Horticulture
- Kenya: Coffee, Tea, Avocado
- Rwanda: Coffee, Horticulture, Avocado
- Tanzania: Coffee, Tea, Avocado, Spices
- Uganda: Coffee, Cocoa
If you are interested please fill and submit the following form by 5 January 2021.