The British High Commission Kigali invites bids for the 2019/2020 financial year for projects on human rights & justice and strengthening the media in Rwanda.
The projects will run until March 2020.
This year the BHC is seeking to support projects on the following themes:
- Human rights and justice: implementation of the 2015 UPR recommendations to strengthening human rights in Rwanda
- Media: strengthening the capacity of journalists and media outlets in Rwanda, particularly ensuring on maximising the legislative framework (such as the Access to Information Law) to strengthen reporting practice
We are particularly interested in project proposals aiming towards the following outcomes:
- measurable progress towards full implementation of the 2015 accepted UPR recommendations in Rwanda
- measurable increased awareness of, and access to judicial services, particularly for citizens in rural areas
- capacity building of journalists and media professionals in Rwanda, including ones that address areas of media development, capacity building and diffusion that are currently unfunded
Bids will be assessed against the following criteria:
- alignment with the above mentioned thematic priorities and outcomes
- outcomes are achievable within the funding period
- project design includes clear monitoring and evaluation procedures
- sustainability demonstrating that project benefits continue after the funding ends
- risk and financial accountability procedures
- safeguarding policies that ensure protection of beneficiaries
- overall value for money
Project timeline and budget
Projects are funded for a single financial year running from 1st April 2019 to 31st March 2020, with no expectation of continued funding beyond this period. Minimum budget limit for a project is £5,000 and maximum budget limit is £40,000.
How to apply
Bidders are advised to send their project proposals using the attached form only to Rober.Kamuratsi@fco.gov.uk by midnight on Friday, 26 July 2019. Late submissions will not be considered.
Project proposals selected for further consideration will be notified within ten working days of the deadline. The BHC aims to sign grant agreements with successful project implementers by the end of August.
- Robert Kamuratsi, Programme and Communications Officer at Robert.Kamuratsi@fco.gov.uk
- Alternative contact: Bhavik Shah, Head of Political Section at email@example.com