IIA Rwanda is a recognised and approved National Professional Association for the Internal Auditors in Rwanda under Charpter and Memorandum of Understanding with the Institute of Internal Auditors-Global.
To drive the Institute to the next level and achieve sustainability, the Executive Committee (EXCOM) of IIAR would like to recruit a Chief Executive Offer (CEO) for the Institute who shall coordinate and manage the day-to-day affairs of the Institute and shall be accountable to the EXCOM on how its decisions are implemented.
The CEO will be responsible for strategic leadership, financial leadership, administration, public leadership and compliance. In particular, the CEO will be responsible for the following:
- Providing strategic direction and leadership to the Institute;
- Identifying and managing the principle risks to the institute’s objectives;
- Daily follow-up of the activities of the Institute;
- Developing and maintaining a sound and effective organizational structure;
- Putting in place strong internal processes and procedure;
- Issuing job regulations to employees of the institute and managing employees;
- Ensuring that effective communications and appropriate relationships are maintained with the members of the institute and other stakeholders;
- Preparing, executing and monitoring the budget of the Institute;
- Safeguarding and managing the property of the Institute;
- Reporting to the EXCOM on the progress of the Institute’s activities;
- Acting as the Rapporteur at meetings of the General Assembly and EXCOM; and
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Governing Council of the Institute.
Qualifications and Experience
The position requires a highly ambitious, self-motivated, diligent, driven, committed, focused, enthusiastic, energetic and confident individual with self-initiative and leadership skills who can drive the institute towards meeting its objectives and sustainability.
The individual should have the following minimum qualifications:
- Rwandan by Nationality
- Possession of an MBA or equivalent from a reputable institution
- Hold a Professional Qualification in any of the following: CIA, ACCA or CPA.
- At least 7-years of senior executive management experience
- Relevant experience in working with a professional institute is a distinct advantage
- IIAR member in good standing a distinct advantage
- Track record of delivering on key business objectives
- Fluent in English with a working knowledge of French or Kinyarwanda
Interested candidates should email their CVs and applications with 3 professional referees to the President of Institute of Internal Auditors Rwanda- IIAemail@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com in copy; or submit their sealed physical application to the address below:
President IIA Rwanda
Kigali Business Center (KBC)
2nd Floor, Block B Unit B2.14
Plot 599, KN 5RD
Tel +250 782 419 495
The deadline for submitting applications is January 23rd, 2020 at 4:00pm CAT.