We are seeking an experienced Chief Executive Officer to lead our innovative team, manage our digital platform development and handle the day-to-day operations of the company. The right candidate must be ready to build and model a great company culture, provide inspired leadership to the executive team and staff, establish a great working relationship with the board of directors and set a course for the company strategy.
This role is ideal for someone who has the right mix of leadership, passion, energy and experience to build and grow a digital business in the financial services sector. The ideal candidate is business savvy, has an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative nature, and a have vast network in the financial services industry and startup ecosystem.
The CEO will have primary responsibility for leading company operations, the overall growth
strategy, organizational leadership, financial and organizational management, external communications and marketing and sales efforts. He/she will also be responsible for the development and management of advisor and investor relationships.
He/she will also be responsible for achieving fundraising and revenue objectives. The ideal candidate would have been successful in startup companies and focused on the wants and needs of consumers in the financial services industry. In addition to being the face, voice and spirit of the company, the candidate must demonstrate a track record in financial services and technology.
Focus During the First 12 Months
Create an appropriate customer acquisition strategy
· Develop and lead execution of product development, marketing and customer service.
· Establish strategic partnerships with other companies to reach the ambitious user growth targets
· Create an appropriate short/long term vision
Responsibilities and Duties
· Provide vision and leadership that attracts followers.
· Public relations, including evangelising technology entrepreneurship through public speaking, digital media, and representing the Fintech sector.
· Motivate a high performance, innovative and results-driven organization
Strategy & Planning
· Develop short/long term company and product road map.
· Establish and implement short and long term goals, objectives, policies, and operating
· Build and motivate world-class products, marketing and customer service team.
· Responsible for all elements of HR, employee compensation plans, and benefits.
· Develop a financial plan for the organization.
Assessing risks to the company and ensuring they are monitored and minimized.
· Oversee operating plan, budget, cash flow, and company finances.
· Create and revise all content while building a world-class content development team.
· Establish strategic partnerships with other companies in order to reach the ambitious
· Build and lead an effective and cohesive executive management team to include all company employees, while establishing a basic personnel policy, initiating and monitoring policies relating to personnel actions and training and professional development programs.
· Ensure company objectives and standards of performance are not only understood but owned by management and employees.
· Ensure company and its businesses comply with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, best practices.
· Establish, achieve, and report on financials and milestones to investors.
Requirements & Qualifications
· University degree, preferably MBA in the field of business administration and finance from a recognized institution of higher learning.
· Prior experience in sales and/or leadership efforts in a senior position in a startup company preferably with a background in financial services.
· Excellent leadership, negotiation, management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work strategically, but also hands-on problem solving.
· Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English, French and Kinyarwanda.
· Extensive experience in fund raising and investor relationships.
· Track record of building innovative, creative, and collaborative teams.
· Experience with corporate governance.
· Confident interacting with clients/investors from the global community therefore effective communication skills and a good grasp of the international digital financial landscape is required.
· Knowledgeable of emerging markets.
· Strong desire to lead from a strategic and tactical perspective in all aspects of day to day company operations.
· A strong communicator and brand ambassador, as well as the ability to influence group stakeholder.
How to apply
Send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: July 31,2020