Ultimate Developers Ltd (UDL) is a private real estate development company leading the way in changing the landscape of Rwanda through its residential and commercial development projects. Ultimate Developers Ltd. would like to recruit a qualified and experienced Chief Executive Officer that will work under the overall supervision of the Board of Directors of UDL.
Terms of Reference
The Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) is the senior management officer of UDL (‘the Company”). The CEO serves as the leader and maintains an effective and cohesive senior management team for the Company; sets the tone for the Company by exemplifying consistent values of high ethical standards and fairness: leads the Company in defining its vision; is the main spokesman for the Company; and bears the chief responsibility in ensuring the Company meets its short-term operational and long-term strategic goals. The CEO works with and is accountable to the Board of Directors of the Company (“Board”) with due regard to the Board’s requirement to be informed and to be independent.
II.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Chief Executive Officer shall:
- Lead and manage the members of senior management within the guidelines developed and approved in conjunction with the Board;
- Regularly report to the Board progress with achieving the Board’s objectives and to forthwith advise the Board of any matter which could have a substantial impact on the Company;
- Recommend to the Board strategic directions for the Company’s business and, when approved by the Board, consistently strive to achieve the corresponding strategic, business and operational goals and objectives;
- Direct and monitor the activities of the Company in a manner that ensures that the assets of the Company are safeguarded and optimized in the best interests of all the shareholders;
- Develop and implement operational policies to guide the Company within any limits prescribed by the Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association or its By-Laws and the framework of the strategic directions approved by the Board;
- Develop the corporate objectives, for approval by the Board, for which the CEO is responsible for implementation;
- Identify the principle risk of the company’s business and ensure the implementation of appropriate systems to manage these risks;
- Develop and recommend the overall corporate organizational structure to the Board ensuring that personnel and systems are in place so that the day-to-day business affairs of the Company are appropriately managed;
- Maintain a positive work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels;
- Manage and oversee the required interfaces between the Company and the public;
- Serve as the chief spokesperson for the Company;
- Ensure there is an effective communications policy for the Company;
- Ensure that appropriate personnel and systems are in place for the integrity and adequacy of the Company’s internal control, disclosure control and management information systems,
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, encourages individual integrity and fulfills social responsibility;
- Meet, as required, with the Chair and regularly with other Board members to review material issues and to ensure that the Chair and other Board members are provided in a timely manner with all information and access to corporate management necessary to permit the Board, its committees and /or individual members to fulfill statutory and other obligations.
- Cooperate with and assist the Board conducting an annual review of his or her performance as the senior management officer.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Project Management or related field with a minimum of 7 years of related experience;
- A combined knowledge of both Civil engineering and project management or related field is an added advantage;
- Extensive executive-level management experience (5+ years);
- Extensive Real Estate Industry experience (3+ years);
- Strong visionary with proven leadership qualities and an entrepreneurial mindset;
- Professional expertise, financial orientation, self-starting initiative, cross cultural awareness, organization astuteness and team spirit;
- Ability to select, develop and motivate necessary management talent to maintain the company’s overall objectives;
- Strong interpersonal skills such as leadership, communication, persuasion, motivation, loyalty, and openness;
- Must be a professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character;
- Proficiency in English, knowledge of both English and French is an added value.
A competitive remuneration package shall be offered. All Interested candidates should send their application letters along with CVs as well as copies of their academic transcripts and certificates and all other relevant documents related to work experience to Ultimate Developers Ltd not later than 6:00 pm 30th August, 2019. Applications should be addressed to the Chairperson, Board of Directors of UDL Ltd, RSSB Building Tower II, 9thfloor or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.