The Higher Education Council (HEC) wishes to inform the general public that, through the Bilateral Cooperation between the Government of Rwanda and the Peoples’ Republic of China, the Beijing Institute of Technology (BIT) – China has offered to the Government of Rwanda, three (3) full scholarships for Master’s and PhD levels, commencing in the academic year 2020 – 2021.
Interested candidates should submit all of the following application documents:
■ Application letter addressed to the Director General of HEC;
■ National ID or valid passport ;
■ Curriculum Vitae ;
■ One (1) passport size photo ;
■ Original-notified degree certificate and transcripts;
■ Recommendation letters from two (2) current or former academic staff who taught or supervised the applicant;
■ A study plan and research proposal of 800 words;
■ Be under: 35 years of age for Masters and 40 for Doctoral level;
■ Application form (please download the form at: http://appy.isc.bit.edu.cn, fill it and save it)
1. The above-mentioned application documents will be submitted online to HECMIS using the link: http://mis.hec.gov.rw/system-login;
2. Candidates applying for this scholarship must have studied in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related fields;
3. Only complete application documents will be accepted;
4. Candidates applying for Masters should possess a Bachelor’s Degree of at least 2nd Class Upper Division or equivalent in a related field. PhD applicants should have obtained at least 70% in a related Masters level;
5. This scholarship covers all costs of study including: tuition fees, accommodation, living allowances, medical insurance. Any other extra expenses that may arise will be covered by the student.
Application deadline: 12/02/2021.
For more information,please visit https://hec.gov.rw/fileadmin/user_upload/BIT_China_-_Government__of_Rwanda_Schoilarship_2021.pdf