The Higher Education Council (HEC) wishes to inform the general public that through the Bilateral Cooperation between the Government of Rwanda and the People’s Republic of China, the China Beijing Institute of Technology has offered to the Government of Rwanda three (3) full scholarships for Masters and Ph.D. levels, commencing in the academic year 2020-2021.
Interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Application letter addressed to the Executive Director of HEC;
- National ID or valid passport;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- One (1) passport size photo;
- Original-notified certificate and transcripts;
- Recommendation letters from two current or former academic staff who taught or supervised the applicant;
- A study plan or research proposal (Minimum of 500 words for Masters and 800 words for PhD);
- Be under: 35 years of age for Masters and 40 for PhD level;
- Application form (please register at apply.isc.bit.edu.cn and bring it at HEC).
- Candidates applying for this scholarship must have studied in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related fields. The list of programmes to apply for is available on HEC website.
- Only complete application documents will be accepted.
- Candidates must possess:
- Bachelors Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper division or equivalent for Masters Degree applicants;
- Masters Degree with at least 70% for PhD applicants.
- This scholarship covers the costs of study including tuition fees, accommodation, living allowances and medical insurance. Any other extra expenses that may arise will be covered by the candidate.
A complete application file should be submitted to the Higher Education Council, Students Loan Department, located at Remera (near REB), not later than 12/02/2020 at 11.am.
For more details,please download http://hec.gov.rw/fileadmin/user_upload/Scholarship/China_-_Rwanda_Government_Scholarships_at_Beijing_Institute_of_Technology.pdf