The Chronic Care & Surgery Resource Mobilization Officer will support the implementation of Partners in Health-Inshuti Mu Buzima’s (PIH/IMB) fundraising strategy for chronic care and surgery in the catchment area of Rwinkwavu District Hospital, ensuring the continuity and sustainability of programs, and supporting the scoping of new opportunities and initiatives.
- Support the writing of concept notes, proposals, reports, and corresponding budgets by liaising with relevant clinical and non-clinical teams working in noncommunicable diseases (NCDs), mental health, and surgery
- Work with the external relations team to find and design platforms which can host materials (e.g. video content, infographics, slide decks) for resource mobilization during events and online campaigns
- Support the local fundraising team with grant prospecting and scoping new programmatic initiatives related to NCDs, mental health, and surgery
- Develop a public engagement strategy for chronic care and surgery that will drum up support and funds from civil society and corporations, with the aim of engaging more Rwandans in resource mobilization and advocacy towards universal health care
- Develop and implement a sustainable communications and stewardship strategy for PIH’s long-standing donors interested in chronic care and surgery
Skills and Experience
- Excellent writing and editing skills, as evidenced by experience drafting documents for external use, including successful fundraising proposals*
- Excellent project management skills, including past experience working on complex projects from creation to completion, managing multiple projects, and/or coordinating across teams to meet tight deadlines*
- At least one year of fundraising experience*
- MPH, MDP, MBA, or equivalent master’s degree
- Demonstrated experience with proposal writing, institutional fundraising, and/or budget development
- Experience maintaining and cultivating relationships with donors, funders, or other partner organizations
- Public speaking experience, such as through presentations, workshops, or trainings
- Ability to work proactively on a small team
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated competence in multi-tasking, working in a fast-paced environment, thinking strategically, and delivering measurable results
About the Organization
Partners in Health (PIH), known locally as Inshuti Mu Buzima (IMB), envisions thriving communities of healthy, happy, and productive people, where social justice and universal quality health services are available to all. Our mission is to support Rwanda in designing, building, and implementing a world class health system that provides equitable, accessible, and high-quality services to all in need. Currently, we serve a catchment area of one million people.
In 2022-2026, PIH/IMB starts a new 5-year strategic plan with multi-year budget commitments to surgery, oncology, and chronic diseases, as well as maternal, neonatal, and child health. This is an exciting time for global health leaders to mobilize resources for frontline implementers so they may adapt and innovate to address a changing burden of disease in their communities, while using a health systems strengthening approach to improve the quality of services towards decreased morbidity and mortality.