COMMONWEALTH – GOVERNMENT OF RWANDA SCHOLARSHIPS – 2021
The Higher Education Council (HEC) wishes to inform the general public that through the Bilateral Cooperation between the Government of Rwanda and the Commonwealth, the latter has offered to the Government of Rwanda 7 (seven) full scholarships for Masters level and 16 (sixteen) full scholarships for PhD tenable from September/October 2021. For both Masters and PhD levels, applicants are requested to choose only one of the following six (6) themes:
1 . Science and Technology for Development;
2. Strengthening Health Systems and Capacity;
3. Promoting Global Prosperity;
4. Strengthening Global Peace, Security and Governance;
5. Strengthening Resilience and Response to Crises;
6. Access, Inclusion and Opportunity.
Interested candidates should submit all of the following application documents:
■ Application letter addressed to the Executive Director of HEC:
■ Copy of valid Passport;
■ Curriculum Vitae;
■ Two recent passport size photos;
■ Both original – notified degree certificate and academic transcripts;
■ Recommendation letter from the academic staff from the University where the candidate accomplished previous studies.
• The above mentioned application documents will be submitted online to HECMIS using the link: http://mis.hec.gov.rw/system-login:
• Candidates applying for Masters should possess a minimum of 70% on their transcripts as cut off mark in the related field;
• Candidates applying for PhD should possess a minimum of 65 % on their transcripts as cut off mark in the related field;
• Candidates are requested to submit quality proposals depicting development impact in the home country. Submission of personal statement will give additional content.
• Only candidates nominated by HEC are the ones who will later be allowed/requested to do online application to Commonwealth in the UK.
For more details,please download https://hec.gov.rw/fileadmin/user_upload/Commonwealth_-_GoR_scholarships_2021.pdf