Old Mutual Limited (OML) is a premium African financial services group that offers a broad spectrum of financial solutions to retail and corporate customers across key markets in 17 countries. Our primary operations are in South Africa and the Rest of Africa, and we have niche businesses in Latin America and Asia. We have 12 million customers and 31,000 employees at the end of 2017 and with over 170 years of heritage across sub-Saharan Africa, we are a crucial part of the communities we serve and broader society on the continent. The business is listed on the Johannesburg, London, Zimbabwean, Malawian, and Namibian stock exchanges. The UAP Old Mutual Group comprises of three key players as a result of the acquisition of a controlling stake in Faulu in 2014 and UAP in 2015 by Old Mutual. The acquisition resulted in Old Mutual Kenya and UAP Holdings (www.uapoldmutual.com) as well as Faulu Microfinance Bank (www.faulukenya.com) forming one of the largest financial services groups with a growing footprint in East and Central Africa. The Group currently has operations in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Sudan, and Rwanda. The Group now offers customers a comprehensive and enhanced range of financial services which include Investment, Insurance, Banking, and Savings as well as a wider and more accessible distribution network. The wider group also offers broad career growth prospects for employees. It, therefore, wishes to fill the below vacant position with qualified, experienced, and talented individuals to strengthen its portfolio as a Pan – African Financial Services Group. The positions’ details are further outlined below;
|Role Title:||Communication&Marketing Specialist-1 Post|
|Business /Function:||Communication & Marketing Specialist|
|Reports To:||Marketing& Distribution Manager|
|MDP Level:||Manager of self|
The role holder will be in charge of developing and implementing marketing & Communications strategies and lead initiatives building identity, public image, and brand
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Develop and execute company marketing & distribution strategies including a definition of marketing expenses lines
- Plan, coordinate and execute internal & external communication plan initiatives for the organization to promote a positive image
- Manage media, marketing & sales campaigns to promote the organization’s brand, products, and support sales targets
- Advice on Internal & External Communications initiatives to drive Market Brand resonance and consistency across Rwanda Business Unit
- Lead adverts, writing and/or producing presentations, press releases, articles, photo, leaflets, “in- house‟ journals (e-newsletter articles), reports, publicity brochures, information for web sites, digital leads extraction, and promotional videos for the organization
- Coordinate media interest for the agency and ensures regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests
- Initiates media opportunities including, but not limited to, on-air interviews and feature stories.
- Prepare and maintain a database of key donors, media contacts, etc. for the organization.
- Develop and promote collaborative relationships with like-minded organizations and co-manage joint projects
- Arrange for timely purchase, acquisition, and solicit bids from vendors
- Develops and implements communication plans for selected audiences
- Interviews collect data and write communication messages directed at selected audiences.
- Identifies communication opportunities and risks and develops messages to leverage/mitigate these issues.
- Monitors audience environment and competitor activities.
- Manages media channel/s and content dispatch
- Provides communication support to business units
- Maintain and tracks the stock of marketing materials and promotional items
Academic/Professional Qualifications; experience; skills and competencies
- University degree
- Basic Insurance qualification
- Sales and Marketing Qualification
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation, reporting, and negotiating skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good attention to details and accuracy
- Thorough understanding of policy covers/wordings and their interpretation as pertaining to claims
Please visit our careers page at https://oldmutual.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Old_Mutual_Careers/job/Kigali/Communication-Marketing-Specialist_JR-2837
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications by 5.00 p.m. on 25th October 2020.
Applicants must possess or be in the process of applying for a POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE as at the time of making an application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.