World Relief Rwanda
POSITION: Communications Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Health and Social Protection Senior Manager
LOCATION: Kigali, Rwanda
STATUS: One year contract
To improve MIYCN practices through creation of evidence-based peer support derived from existing best practices and social support individuals/systems already in place in Rwandan HH/communities. This will empower mothers and fathers with practical skills to improve MIYCN behaviors and practices in a friendly environment without fear of judgment. It will increase social support towards improved MIYCN practices in families through supportive peer networks including positive peer influences.
Under the direct supervision of the Health and social protection Senior Manager. The Communication Coordinator will have the responsibility to provide full strategic support to the Communication and Documentation of the Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition (MIYCN) project on all matters related to communication, logistics, trip reports, and preparation of successful trips for all WRR visitors. He or She must be committed to the mission of the organization and have experience in overseeing and managing complex and busy offices.
- Daily, promoting projects visibility through digital communications channels, by developing relevant and interesting content
- Producing articles on projects updates
- Coordinating, where needed, the delivery of projects periodic newsletters
- Managing communications for MIYCN/ABM projects events
- Translating technical and scientific project content into lay language
- Document and file brief trip reports for each team that visits country programs.
- Translate and interpret for the visitors, and providing appropriate translators where needed with the approval of the supervisor
- Document all visits with photos
- Manage the usage of all organizational pictures/Images and videos.
- Create a filing system that will help in the easy retrieval and storage of the images and videos of the organization.
- Oversee and take videos and pictures for all special events.
- Manage and update regularly our social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) platforms.
- At least twice a month post on our notice board updates from all our partners but also internal organizational updates in images.
- Assist in the organization and planning of special events
- Any other duties related to the above responsibilities at the request of the supervisor.
Required minimum qualification, skills, and abilities
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to the assignment described above.
- Extensive cross-cultural experience and ability to help people of different cultures understand Rwandan Culture.
- Highly organized and administratively minded.
- Experience working with guests especially foreigners.
- Demonstrate high level written and verbal communication skills in English, French, and Kinyarwanda.
- Ability to translate documents quickly between English, and Kinyarwanda
- Experience in formatting and writing reports in English.
- High sense of responsibility and the ability to take initiative with minimal supervision
- Cross-cultural experience and the acumen.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office – especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent skills in designs with the knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop; illustrator, and others
- Understanding and ability to translate technical/scientific concepts into lay person’s terms of creativity and attention to quality.
- Ability to design project communications strategies and activities for projects and new project proposals.
- Proven ability with using web content management products to manage the content of one or more web sites;
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation packages, internet, and excellent ability to navigate the social media environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English, plus a working knowledge of at least Kinyarwanda language is required.
- Ability to coordinate and /or produce projects’ periodic newsletters and communication tools (PPTs, videos, factsheets, etc) targeting identified relevant audience.
- Ability to coordinate, proofread, and edit reports.
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen, and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve operations within the country director’s office.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization and country’s Directors office.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations to the country director.
- Ensuring value for money i.e. Expenses related to trips and other Communications and Documentation Unit expenses.
- Ability to work under hardship environment and with minimum supervision
Must be fluent in Kinyarwanda, English, and French is desired.
How to apply:
If you are interested and qualified for this position,
- Please submit application letter, copy of notified Degree, comprehensive curriculum vitae with three (3) names of referees, and a recommendation letter from your Pastor or Priest by December 23rd, 2020 by 4:00pm to the Country Director, World Relief Rwanda. Address 53 KG 647 street Kacyiru, Kigali.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for exams.
Done at Kigali on December 15th, 2020
Director of Administration and Finance