RwandAir Limited is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy we are looking for interested, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following position:
Department: Ground services and Cargo
Section: Passenger Services
Unit: Customer services
Handle and assist inconvenienced passengers by providing the necessary apologies, information and ensuring their needs are handled throughout the airport of departure to their final destinations.
Key duties/responsibilities of Customer Recovery Officers
- Whenever there are disruptions of flights and schedule changes due to such as aircraft on ground, aircraft swaps, operational delays, weather, force majeure or any other factor, customer relations officers will be on the spot handling affected passengers;
- Talk to passengers, explaining situations and measures being taken to solve the problems;
- Handle and assist inconvenienced arriving and departing passengers by providing the necessary apologies and information and ensuring their needs are handled throughout the airport, from protecting them on another flight to protecting them in a hotel;
- Co-ordinate with Duty managers/Supervisors to re-book and re-issue tickets for inconvenienced passengers.
- Coordinate with 3rd parties such as Immigration, transportation services, hotels, etc. to ensure no further disruptions, delays or inconveniences are created;
- Ensure that transportation for STPC or disrupted passengers is in place at the required time and that they accompany these passengers to the transportation area and ensure they are all attended to.
- Take STPC passengers to the hotel and arrange for pick up in time for check in.
- Attend to customers in long or overnight transit or in long delays to ensure they are handled per procedure, from refreshments to hotel accommodations;
- Direct customers toward customer satisfaction survey devices.
- Coordinate with baggage reconciliation should passengers need their bags while going to the hotel.
- Analyze the process at all main points from security to check-in to immigration, to duty free, to lounge, to gate, to boarding, to queues, to washrooms.
- Analyze ambience at the airport in general and assist passengers with any query that may arise.
Main working relationships
- Directly responsible to: Duty Manager
- Functional relationships with: All Supervisors and customer Relations
- External: Other Stakeholders
- Desired Profile: Required education, Experience and Abilities
- University graduate in business administration, public relations, travel and tourism management or advance diploma in mass communication. With three (3) years of experience in front office operations
- Minimum of 3 years proven experience in airline or other industry related to handling customer or face to face interaction with customers
- Experience in customer relations and handling customer complaints.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of airport services and customer care.
- Commercial acumen with an overall knowledge of airline operations.
- An excellent command of the English or French (written and verbal) is essential.
- Financial awareness.
- Process oriented
- Knowledge of IATA recommendations to airlines / travel agencies
- Proactive and time management
How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to station Manager Dare salaam
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of national identity card;
- One passport photos;
- Three referees.
The deadline for submitting application documents is December 26th ,2019 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport.
NB:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information,please visit https://www.rwandair.com/come-grow-with-us/