Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
Our passionate development team manages a range of web and mobile solutions to support our field operations, from registering millions of farmers and their orders, optimizing delivery truckloads and routes, tracking deliveries, collecting mobile payments, to analyzing loan repayments, and so on.
Our technologies include C#, NodeJS, CouchBase, React, Docker, Power BI, Elasticsearch, and MS SQL, and our tooling landscape includes GitHub, JIRA, and Azure DevOps.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate and manage our internal databases, holding millions of farmer records and processing tens of thousands of mobile money transactions a day, and support heavy BI analysis jobs.
- Work in a highly distributed environment with numerous replication systems including offline or low-connectivity systems.
- Manage and automate our database deployments.
- Support developers to analyze, troubleshoot, tune their database usage.
You’ll report to our Senior DBA.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- 3+ years of experience in IT.
- DBA experience in MS SQL Server is required.
- Experience with SQL Server Merge Replication is a major plus.
- Scripting skills required in one major language (Powershell, Bash, Python).
- Experience with one No-SQL database (MongoDB, CouchBase) is a plus.
- BI skills (Hadoop, Spark, Power BI) are a plus.
- Awareness of database DevOps tools (RedGate, DBUp, Flyway) is appreciated.
- A curious mind and a willingness to help feed the world.
- Willingness to commit to the position for at least two years.
- Language: English.
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance paid time off
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
Yes; Rwandans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.