Position Designation: Design Engineer
Company: SAFINTRA Rwanda Ltd
Reports to (designation): Head of Sales and Marketing
1.Main purpose of the position:
To support the achievement of set sales targets through the production of designs, drawings, and Bills of Quantity as per the standards set by the company to the specifiers’ and customers’ satisfaction.
2.Reporting into this position (designation and level)
3. Key responsibilities:
a) Production of design, drawings, and BOQs
• Timely production of preliminary and final designs as assigned as per the standards set and customer requirements.
• Using computer-aided design (CAD) packages for designing projects.
b)Customer management of technical issues.
• Assist the sales, marketing and site teams in liaising effectively with architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers, consultants, co-workers and clients on related technical clarifications requested.
• Managing, supervising and visiting contractors on site and advising on civil engineering issues.
Indirectly to volumes through Targeted no of Design done
• Undertake training in house teams, installers and other relevant stakeholders on the company’s products, application, and best practices.
•Involvement in the organization’s marketing initiatives with respect to product technical matters.
f) Other Responsibilities:
• Undertaking technical and feasibility studies
• site investigations regarding product installation complaints
• Assessing the potential risks of specific projects, as well as undertaking risk management in specialist roles;
• Supervising tendering procedures and putting together proposals;
• Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems;
• Responding to technical queries from customers that customer service assistants cannot handle.
Managing change, as the client may change their mind about the design, and ensuring relevant parties are notified of changes in the project
KEY SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
1. Qualifications required:
2. Design Engineer: Graduate Degree in Civil and structure Eng… With at least 3-4 exp of :
i. Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Technology in Civil/ Structural Engineering or equivalent
ii. Qualifications as an added advantage: Post Graduate Business Management Qualifications will be an added advantage
iii. Professional registration: Relevant Professional Body E.g. Institution of Engineers of Rwanda at Full Accreditation or min. Graduate Level is preferred
i. General work experience (years): 5 years
ii. Specific to the Position: Three (3) years in detailing and designing steel structures on computer-aided design software like Masterseries, Staddpro, Framecad, etc.
iii. Industry: Manufacturing
4.Key competencies and skills:
a. Sound technical and applied skills relevant to the built environment
b. Ability to liaise with customers, a variety of professionals (including architects, engineers, quantity surveyors & project managers) and other societal authorities towards creating a strategic advantage for the organizations business.
c. Ability to undertake technical & feasibility studies including site investigations
d. Demonstrated ability to resolve design and development problems
e. Competent use of a range of computer packages in designing, resolving and sharing technical information with customers and related stakeholders
f. Ability to make presentations and pitches to relevant stakeholders towards the organization’s advantage
g. Ability to undertake complex and repetitive calculations
h. Ability to think methodically in designing, planning & executing projects
i. Ability to simultaneously deal with multiple project requirements while maintaining focus on each projects details and technicalities
j. Excellent verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills
k. Results oriented – ability to prioritize key tasks and manage against deadlines
l. Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and to multitask
m. Self-Starter able to work with minimal supervision
a. Proficiency in ordinary computer environment applications (Windows, Office & Internet)
b. Commercial CAD Experience – AutoCAD a must
c. Civil/ Structural Design Software like Masterseries, Staddpro, Framecad etc.
a. High Aptitude, Inquisitive, Analytical, and a Quick Learner
b. Good Interpersonal, Communication and Relationship Skills
d. Team Player
f. Ability to work under pressure
g. Keenness to detail
8.Additional/specific work requirements:
a. Experience within a techno-commercial environment is an added advantage
Please send your CV to email@example.com latest by 25th May 2019
For more information,please visit https://safintrarwanda.com/2019/05/17/call-for-application-design-engineer/