The programme, offered by the University of Oldenburg in Germany, focuses on Project Management, Financing and Investment, and Management of Human Resource as well as the development and implementation of individual and innovative projects.
Objective: The key objective of UNILEAD is to bring together a group of approx. 25 professionals working in middle to senior level management at (Higher) Education Institutions. The idea is to enable the participants to tackle inherent problems of their positions.
The annual programme starts in February each year
Location : The programme takes place at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg, Germany.
Application deadline: October 14, 2019
The programme is directed at young University Leaders in South East Asia, South and East Africa, South and Central America, and the Middle East
Participants from higher education institutions of the following countries are eligible to apply:
• South East Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, and Vietnam.
• Sub-Saharan Africa: Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
• Latin America: Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, and Peru.
• Middle East and Northern Africa: Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, and Tunisia.
During the contact phases the participants will be guests of the University of Oldenburg. Following expenses will be covered:
• Course costs UNILEAD approx. 5.500 €.
• Travel costs: Flights to and from Germany (Economy class) and ground travel to and from Oldenburg (2.Class train). We kindly ask the participants to make their own travel arrangements – they will then be reimbursed in cash upon arrival in Oldenburg.
• Accommodation (including breakfast) and some joint meals at the two contact phases in Germany.
• Emergency health insurance during the contact phases.
Expected co-funding: Participants’ home institutions are expected to contribute to the course costs by paying a one-time fee of 300,00 €. The fee will be deducted from the travel reimbursement in the first contact phase.
In addition, local transportation in the participants’ home countries, visa costs and possible additional per diems for the stay in Germany have to be covered by the participants and/or their home institution.
Further details on terms and conditions will be given to the admitted applicants together with the invitation letter.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted via the online application form on the UNILEAD-website at
For more information, please visit https://uol.de/en/unilead