VVOB – education for development in Rwanda is recruiting
Digital Literacy trainers
VVOB – education for development is an international non-profit with over 35 years of experience in quality education. Through capacity development, VVOB provides support to ministries of education in Africa, Asia and South America to improve (initial) professional development of teachers and school leaders in early childhood, primary, general secondary, and technical and vocational education.
In cooperation with Rwanda Basic Education Board (REB) and the University of Rwanda – College of Education (UR-CE), VVOB started in 2017 with the implementation of a multi-year programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (2017-2021)- Umusemburo w’Ireme ry’Uburezi. The programme aims to improve the quality of primary and secondary education through improvement of the professional development of school leaders and induction of new teachers. VVOB is re-developing its courses into a blended learning mode (online learning coupled with face-to-face sessions). Prior to taking part in accredited online CPD programmes, participants will take part in a preparatory course: Digital Literacy for Online Learning.
VVOB is currently seeking to strengthen its team of Digital Literacy trainers. A Digital Literacy trainer is actively involved in the facilitation of the Digital Literacy for Online Learning course. The course is offered as a blended or online training and takes around 40 hours to complete.
Prior to this facilitation, they participate in the course at their own pace and time to get familiar with the course content and learning management system in which the course is hosted (Moodle). They report directly to the Online Learning Coordinator.
A Digital Literacy trainer facilitates the delivery of Digital Literacy for Online Learning and supports learners along this course. (S)he participates in the training of trainers (ToT) and eTutoring courses.
More specifically, (s)he takes the lead in:
- Facilitating both in-persona and online Digital Literacy for Online Learning course and providing guidance and support to teachers, school leaders and education officials on the improvement of digital literacy for online learning. Key topics of the course include:
- Navigating the online Learning Management System (LMS)
- Basic MS Office skills
- Basic knowledge of hardware s
- Engaging effectively in online learning activities using the LMS
- Communicating effectively in an online environment
- Administering and grading assessments both via online and face-to-face modality and providing constructive feedback to learners for improvement as required
- Monitoring and evaluating online learning courses and providing reports with clear and accurate data to use in support provision, course improvement and other decision-making processes.
In addition, (s)he:
- Ensures effective and efficient use of resources for trainings;
- Constructively works with other trainers and VVOB staff;
- Provides the report of training sessions and formulates recommendations related to course content and facilitation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Education, Educational Technology, Information Communication Technology, or related field, or similar through experience.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the facilitation of training related to ICT in education.
- Willing to facilitate trainings during weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and working days (Monday to Friday);
- Willing to travel within Rwanda;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- Enthusiastic to learn and commitment to continuing professional development in digital literacy and online learning.
- Familiarity with current practices and trends in educational technology and online education;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with gender and inclusiveness in education;
- Prior experience in providing ICT literacy training or supporting online learners or developing online courses;
- Experience in online learning and facilitation, online support provision and using Learning Management Systems such as Moodle, Canvas, etc.
- Familiarity with learner-centred pedagogy.
Contract type: Part time, limited period
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda (additional asset)
Location: Mainly online with travel to various locations in Rwanda
Start date: Early February 2021
Electronic application will only be considered. Please submit a motivation letter and an up-to-date CV addressed to VVOB Country Programmes Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than December 31 2020 at 5pm.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information contact email@example.com