Location: Kigali, Rwanda | Deadline for Applications: October 25, 2019
Bridges to Prosperity (B2P) is an international non-governmental organization that specializes in the design and construction of pedestrian footbridges. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic and highly capable Director of Construction Services to oversee operational services, spanning all of B2P’s global programs.
The Director builds and manages the strategic objectives and drives the development of core processes for the Engineering, Procurement, Talent & Training, and Safety Departments. The Director is responsible for supporting Department level Managers/Directors in developing efficient and effective systems and ensuring all country programs are adequately trained and supported in becoming compliant with these processes.
This role requires a highly strategic yet highly systems oriented mindset, driving the organization to successfully prepare for both our current operational obligations and significant growth over the next several years.
- Manage Engineering, Procurement, Talent & Training, and Safety department leads, inclusive of surveying, scheduling, bridge design, QA/QC, estimating, supply chain management, talent development, local human resource management, safety policies and procedures
- Work with the Head of Enterprise Risk to oversee all local government contract management
- Drive construction services strategic objective setting and planning
- Drive strategic decisions for the Construction Services department in B2P’s growth and expansion strategy
- Assist department leads with development and roll out of processes across all program countries
- Oversee construction services operational budgets and support department leads to build in cost-reduction strategies into their programmatic designs and processes without compromising quality or safety standards
- Ensure all program countries are meeting quality and safety standards
- Oversee training programs and ensure consistency across program countries
- Perform cost benefit analyses to understand potential reduction of risks and areas of growth in efficiency
- Work with Systems and Analytics Department to implement user friendly tools for management of services
- Work with Business Development Department to identify and pursue business leads related to construction services
- Establish knowledge management procedures to ensure transfer of knowledge across departments, country programs and time
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management or relevant field from an accredited institution
- Graduate degree or professional certification in relevant field preferred
- Minimum of eight years of experience in operations roles, preferably with international and cross-cultural aspects
- Minimum of five years of leadership experience
- Minimum of five years in the construction industry or equivalent
- Professional engineering certification preferred
- Strategic thinker who is able to work independently
- Strong understanding and track record with construction system concepts and procedures
- Stellar communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to read and understand Construction Design documents and specifications
- Ability to perform construction cost estimates and quantity surveys
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant scheduling and estimating programs
- Advanced analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work harmoniously in culturally diverse settings
The position is based in Kigali, Rwanda and requires frequent travel to rural locations as well as travel to other program countries.
Sound like you? Tell us a bit more about yourself below by 10/25/19 by submitting a personalized cover letter and resume in a single combined PDF.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.