Job ID 2023-5494
Category International Positions
Employment Status Full-Time
- Canadian Embassies Recruitment 2023/2024 : Open Jobs/ Vacancies
- British Council Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now !
- UN-Habitat recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- UNHCR Volunteers recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- World Food Programme ( WFP) Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now!
Jhpiego seeks 15 Drivers who will be responsible for providing administration support to the Transport Officer in providing reliable and safe driving services to Jhpiego staff, partners and materials to project sites, including loading and offloading of vehicles. The driver will have to comply with program vehicle management policies and standards, driving safety and Jhpiego travels safety rules. The drivers will work for a USAID funded projected called which ISDA supports the Rwandan Ministry of Health (MOH) to contribute to the reduction of infant and maternal mortality and incidence of malaria in Rwanda, focusing on improving the availability, quality and utilization of RMNCH and malaria services and improving the health of women, adolescent, and children under five.
Applications will close on September 14, 2023
- Drive office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel and picking official personnel and visitors at/from the airport/hotels.
- Ensure cost-saving through proper use and maintenance of vehicle, accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to the preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports;
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through ensuring full time cleanness, minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs;
- Timely reporting to Transport officer all vehicle documentation such fueling receipts, logs, travel authorizations, vehicle control, maintenance and vehicle refueling needs;
- Responsible for program staff transportation with respect of all safety precautions;
- Coordinate daily schedules with Supervisor and travelers;
- Register mileage for trips and reports on a routing sheet to be submitted to the Supervisor
- Ensure the proper functioning of the vehicle when traveling to the field;
- Ensure that the vehicle is used solely in accordance with Jhpiego’s vehicle policy
- Diploma A2 level.
- Valid Driver’s license, Category: B, having category D is an advantage.
- Possession of defensive Driving certificate.
- Proven Knowledge of basics auto mechanics.
- Certification in first Aid will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years’ experience, safe driving record preferably with INGOs or International Organizations.
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of Rwanda driving rules, and regulations.
- Ability to produce incident reports and Work well with Staff.
- Able to work under pressure and/or long hours.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and ability of decision making.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Please apply at www.jobs-jhpiego.icims.com
Applicants must submit a single document for upload to include: cover letter, resume, and references.
For further information about Jhpiego, visit our website at www.jhpiego.org
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Jhpiego is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Jhpiego does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, orientation or any other fees