Position Title: Driver – Quality Care / BMZ Project
Vacant positions: 1 person
Type of contract: One-year renewable based on appraisal performance
Working location: Kigali/ National Office
Supervisor: Project Coordinator – Quality Care / BMZ Project
Deadline: 14 July 2020
Context of the position:
SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda is an independent, non-governmental social development & child-focused organization. The Organization supports vulnerable children and young people in four locations of Kigali, Gicumbi, Kayonza, and Nyamagabe. SOS Rwanda applies a one program approach in its education, family strengthening, health, and community development programs, that support a holistic approach in the interest of the child. SOS Children’s Villages Rwanda, therefore, seeks to recruit a Driver for the New Project that will be funded by BMZ.
The Driver – Quality Care / BMZ Project will be responsible for the transportation of project staff only when they are involved in project activities. The position holder will therefore be responsible for the following tasks:
- Control and ensure the good state of the vehicle;
- Report any accidents or injuries to supervisors immediately.
- Perform minor reparation of the vehicle;
- Prepare the vehicle maintenance forms;
- Prepare the requisition of any repairment or maintenance;
- Perform vehicle inspection such as checking fluid level and tire pressure.
- Notify supervisors about any major repairs and maintenances.
- Use the project car in project activities only,
- Drive vehicles to designated destinations as per the request of project staff;
- Perform vehicle inspection before and after each trip
- Drive safely and ensure reaching the destination on time;
- Analyze destination, determine appropriate routes and maintain schedule;
- Respect driving laws and road regulations;
- Maintain the vehicle clean and safe;
- Adhere to organizational operating policies and procedures;
- Maintain driving log, prepare vehicle performance forms and complete daily paperwork
Key Performance Indicators
- Effective collaboration with Project Team
- Reduced number of traffic accidents or police reports
- Compliance to other organization policies and regulations
Technical Qualifications and personal skills:
- At least Secondary Leaving Certificate (A2);
- Ahold a Driving Licence at least category B & D;
- At least 4 years’ working experience in the same position;
- Ability to work independently, self-organized, fulfill commitments and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work extra hours if need be and living in the neighboring working area;
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda, good communication skills including written and spoken English or French
- The ability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
Please note: This job description outlines only the general scope of activity and the basic tasks and responsibilities associated with his/her position. It may be supplemented with a more detailed definition of tasks, responsibilities, and work-plan and is subject to change at the discretion of the direct superior.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please mention in the subject of your email the name of the position you are applying for and send us your detailed application in a zipped folder including a signed application letter, CV, 3 traceable professional referees and copies of education qualification.
The applications done in English or French should be directly submitted to email@example.com with a copy to MarieRose.Nyiraneza@sos-rwanda.org not later than July 14th, 2020 at 5:00 pm Kigali time.
Late applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.