Location: Rwanda – Butaro
The Driver will be responsible for driving UGHE staff and other authorized passengers, transporting goods and services (information) and checking the mechanical conditions of the UGHE vehicle regularly and supporting the rapidly growing operations of the university project.
- Ensure the safe and reliable transportation of UGHE staff, colleagues, and guests. Transport is not limited to Kigali and will require frequent trips to rural areas, predominantly Burera and Kayonza Districts. Overnight stays will be required at times.
- Maintain high standard of service to both UGHE staff and guests.
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport.
- Observe the road and traffic laws and regulations.
- Alcohol must not be consumed or present whilst on duty.
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times.
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Ensure the vehicle is serviced regularly according to schedule.
- Ensure vehicle insurance and registration is updated according to schedule.
- Ensure all passengers have wore their seat belts before driving.
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, etc;
- At least Ordinary level certificate
- Driving certification, with at least 5 years of experience preferably working with Government, or International Institutions
- Experience driving in rural areas under difficult conditions
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda. Knowledge of French is an added advantage
- Basic Computer Skills (Excel and Word) preferred
- Outstanding character and integrity
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with professionals at all levels in diverse settings; must be flexible, reliable, responsive and resourceful
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to social justice and health care equity
The University of Global Health Equity (UGHE) is a new kind of university focused on training the next generation of global leaders in health care delivery. The university launched in Rwanda in September 2015 with its flagship degree program: the Master of Science in Global Health Delivery. Through an academic experience uniquely rooted in the values of equity, students are empowered to both ease suffering at the bedside and drive transformational, systemic changes to the health system.
UGHE is an initiative of Partners In Health (PIH), an internationally recognized non-profit organization whose mission is to provide a preferential option for the poor in health care. In over nearly three decades of operating alongside public sectors in countries around the world, PIH has developed a model to deliver high quality health care to some of the world’s most marginalized communities. Nowhere has this impact been more profound than in Rwanda, where Inshuti Mu Buzima—PIH’s sister organization—and our government partners have driven innovation for a decade.
Members of the UGHE community are tenacious and resolute in our drive to attain social justice, make common cause with those in need, listen to and learn from others, and operate with honesty and humility as we uphold academic integrity and intellectual curiosity. The University of Global Health Equity seeks individuals committed to these values to join the team.
Partners In Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Applicants should provide: (1) a curriculum vitae, (2) a cover letter, (3) a personal statement addressing candidate’s experience working in a related field, (4) names and contact information of three professional references who can attest to experience in education, leadership and management experience; at least one of these references should be an immediate supervisor and (5) copies of all degrees earned and current professional certifications. Please upload your cover letter, personal statement, and proof of degrees attained as a single PDF file under “Additional Files” on the application page